Theatre at Lewis & Clark?

<p>Any feedback on the quality of the theatre major or minor? Do many students participate?</p>

<p>comments on the program?</p>

<p>I asked DD2 her thoughts and this was her stream of conscious response:</p>

<p>“You CC question…is more complicated than you meant it to be yet again. I know an English major who is aiming for a concentration in playwriting and I vaguely know both a theater major and some music majors who spend lots of time in the theater building. I have heard good things about the theater department. I know everyone I’ve met who’s been involved in stuff has had lots and lots of fun. I can’t judge effectiveness of instructors, but I’ve heard that people enjoy their classes. LC productions generally happen in the music hall auditorium, on the theater stage, or in the black box. I do know one choral group is performing/has performed in a theater downtown (I know it’s recent, I’m not sure if it happened yet though). They also do things like get creative with venue, like last year’s production of Beckett plays that was in little groups all over the theater building. Other funky stuff happens sometimes; I think every year the French club gets together with the theater department and they put on a play in French, and we now have a totally student-run theater group (writing, directing, acting, setup, etc). We’re also known for the One Acts, which are little one act plays that happen every…semester? I think. So, no in-depth knowledge, but I do know for sure that our program does not suck.”</p>

<p>Hopefully that helps.</p>