They posted tabs!

<p>Deposit - Are you locked in?</p>

<p>Son will be sending apps to other schools. I know he’ll want to get his housing deposit in and & I know that Bama requires a deposit in addition to housing. I just don’t know if son can send it in before finding out what other schools accept him.</p>

<p>So, when will the official 'BAMA Class of 2013 Facebook page go up? </p>

<p>And, how does that work as far as login???</p>

<p>Longhaul, you’re not “locked in,” but you will lose some deposit money if your S decides not to attend. Almost all of the housing deposit is refundable, but the enrollment deposit, which must be made first, is not. Your son has a while before he needs to make the housing deposit. IIRC, they didn’t accept housing deposits until around October 1 last year. Timing of the housing deposit DOES make a difference, though. My D found 3 roommates through Roommate Finder, so they needed an entire suite, and wanted it in Ridgecrest West. If one of the roomies had not had the very first selection time, they would not have been able to get an entire suite in RCW. My D deposited in late October and therefore had the third pick time on the first day, which would have been good enough for a full suite in Ridgecrest South-North Tower but not for a full suite in Ridgecrest West. If you’re just looking for a single room or two spots, you have a lot more flexibility and a later pick time will work.</p>

<p>We got the Student tab also, D is very excited\relieved. </p>

<p>I think her and my mother-in-law are already out looking at dorm stuff - made me chuckle.</p>

<p>Roll Tide, y’all!</p>

<p>(In Californian “Way to go, dude.”</p>

<p>We’ve got a “student” tab here as well!</p>

<p>Thanks and congrats to everybodyyyyyy !!</p>

<p>Hope to meet you all (or your children) next fall !!</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE !!</p>

<p>Congrats everyone! Having just dropped my D off for her 2nd year, a process which also included finding her a local “very used” car to drive around town, since we’re from IL … I can appreciate, and recall fondly, how excited y’all must be! Roll Tide Roll!!!</p>

<p>*Deposit - Are you locked in?</p>

<p>Son will be sending apps to other schools. I know he’ll want to get his housing deposit in and & I know that Bama requires a deposit in addition to housing. I just don’t know if son can send it in before finding out what other schools accept him.
*</p>

<p>If your son waits until spring to deposit, then he’ll have one of the last selection times for housing.</p>

<p>those who deposit this fall, will have the first “pick” times. I think those who deposit by Oct have the first pick time and so forth.</p>

<p>Maybe someone has the deposit schedule from last year so you can see.</p>

<p>So if you have the “Student” tab that means you have deffinitly been accepted?!?!</p>

<p>We paid our deposits on October 10, which was the last day to get first pick for housing (first hour, first day).</p>

<p>If you pay the enrollment and housing deposit, the housing is refunded if you withdraw but not the enrollment (at least this was the policy last year). </p>

<p>Some other schools consider your deposit at UA a commitment and in the terms of those applications, you promise to withdraw your application to that school once you commit to another. So read carefully and make an informed decision. We were very glad we made our early deposit as the housing selection was quite a stressful time but each situation is different.</p>

<p>Awwww, it’s like a new generation of newbies. I highly recommend making housing deposits early. We did it very late and S had a late pick date. It was very stressful for him because he wanted to room with people he talked with on FB. He also didn’t get into the dorm he wanted until the summer, so for a while he was not happy with his room. Luckily it changed, but that is no guarantee. Welcome y’all (from a Yankee!) and you have come to the right forum. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>got a student tab here too.</p>

<p>DD has a student tab too. It’s a relief to get the process rolling - this will make the list of schools to apply to shorter, as UA is her first choice.</p>

<p>lisa6191, I noticed that the “Pay Freshman Enrollment Fee” button has been added to DD’s page. It isn’t functioning yet, but its appearance means that things are moving in admissions. Great news!</p>

<p>How much is the Enrollment Fee? The Housing Deposit?</p>

<p>Enrollment deposit info:</p>

<p>[Freshman</a> Enrollment Deposit - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/deposit/]Freshman”>Freshman Deposit – Admissions)</p>

<p>housing deposit info:</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/apply.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/apply.cfm)</p>

<p>I’m confused.</p>

<p>D has a student tab. When I click on “submit freshman enrollment deposit” it takes me to another window and there’s a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point that says:</p>

<p>You are not currently admitted to the University of Alabama. Please contact our office at <a href=“mailto:applicationstatus@ua.edu”>applicationstatus@ua.edu</a>. </p>

<p>I don’t want to send an email if it’s just the case of everything not being finalized yet. But under check status it shows that everything has been received: transcripts, ACT scores, application fee.</p>

<p>Anyone else have a similar message???</p>

<p>DS’s is the same. It has been that way since itnposted yesterday morning. I called this morning just to make sure before we surprised him and celebrated. Once you have the “student” tab, it means you have been accepted. She said the payment part will take a few days to get up and running. The wonderful woman I spoke to this morning also said that his packet was being mailed out today. Congrats to your daughter!</p>

<p>^^ That’s what I meant by “not working.”</p>