things to do near TCU

<p>TCU is currently in a battle against Boulder and USC for my admissions decision... I really like the school overall, but I am kinda worried about what students have to do for fun in the area. I am an outdoors person, love sports, hiking, bike riding, ect, and it seems as though Fort Worth might not be the ideal place for these activities. I plan to start riding horses again (rode for 7 yrs) when I start college, but other than that, what does Texas have to offer for fun outdoors activities, or what do students do (besides party lol)? anyone know?</p>

<p>theres tons to do in ft worth. maybe ur already familiar with its nationally renowned art museums(amon carter, modern, kimball), top ranked zoo(which is very close to TCU, really good restaurants(Joe T Garcia's), and most of all the world's largest honky tonk Billy Bob's. Plus Dallas is only a half an hour away, so u get the best of two cities.</p>

<p>i actually just got back from tcu. I was extremely surprised with the surrounding ft worth area. It is very impressive, and I think its one of the better things about the school. There is a lot of outdoor stuff nearby(a few parks, botanical gardens, zoo, running/biking train), and a very nice downtown area called squaredance or something.</p>

<p>sundance square</p>

<p>if uve got any more specific questions about the area, feel free to pm me, I'm a resident of the DFW metroplex. Lived here all my life.</p>