Think Ill get in

<p>My unweighted GPA is a 3.8, Im ranked 25/260, i got a 580 math SAT and a 480 Verbal
Played varsity football, basketball and baseball. Got elected into national honor society.</p>

<p>even with low sat's anyone think i have a chance</p>

<p>i would put it at around 35-40 percent chance of getting in</p>

<p>Apply and try it out, there is a chance</p>

<p>I would doubt you would get accepted despite your very good GPA.</p>

<p>I think you have a better chance with a high GPA and low test scores, rather than vise-versa. You are in the top 10% and have a very strong GPA. Not many applicants are in your position there. Your athletics will help you a LOT! They like to see the well rounded applicants who truly want to go to the university. This is especially true for the private schools, like Miami, where the entire applicant is considered.</p>

<p>If you have over a 1280 SAT and good average, you can get into much better schools than this. Take my advice, my bro goes here and he tells me all the time. I mean he loves it and all, but to actually become a professional one day, go to a better school.</p>

<p>mreric, overrated compared to what? UM has its pros and cons over other schools. Yes, it is expensive, which is a big con.</p>

<p>However, the programs are good, the climate is superb, the females are gorgeous, and they have a huge number of majors and course offerings that rival any major state university. In addition, most classes are relatively small. Furthemore, University of Miami endowment is approaching 1 billion dollars, which is getting up there with the "big dogs."
I should note too that it has some of the best school spirit around due to its tremendous sports program, which also enhances its program in exercise science and sports management.</p>

<p>They also have a huge alumni base that is very active and provides jobs wnenever available to Miami grads. </p>

<p>Finally, I should note that they have a large Jewish contingent and a strong Hillel.
If you want to go to a cold climate at schools with lessor number of offerings, feel free to choose elsewhere.</p>

<p>
[quote]
However, the programs are good, the climate is superb, the females are gorgeous, and they have a huge number of majors and course offerings that rival any major state university. In addition, most classes are relatively small.</p>

<p>I should note too that it has some of the best school spirit around due to its tremendous sports program, which also enhances its program in exercise science and sports management.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Bingo.</p>

<p>The reason's i'm applying there.</p>

<p>1) Sport Management
2) Climate
3) Women (actually, this is #1 lol)
4) The football team</p>