Thinking of moving to College Station: Advice on neighborhoods?

Hi all, our S21 got accepted to TAMU for Fall 2021 (General Engineering), and since we are seriously considering a move to TX after our S23 graduates, we were looking at the idea of buying a house in College Station that son can move to next year, and that can be our base when we visit as we experience more of Texas to decide on a place to move to in a couple of years.

Any advice on what the best areas of College Station would be to look for a house to buy? I’ve been eyeing the neighborhood south of Kyle Field as I’m sure that would always be a desirable location. We figure with the relatively low cost of buying a house there, that we could easily keep it as a rental after S21 graduates, and we’d be saving money on dorm costs…although I know that he would miss the live on campus experience.

@kethra Congrats to you and your son. Very exciting. The subdivision you are referring to, I believe, a historic district so very pricey and, well… older. However, there are what we call Ag Shacks which are 4 or 5 bedroom houses that are located in the same area. Anything around campus is pretty well built up with either a traditional home or college living.

I would get with a realtor, I know several that I’d be happy to refer if needed. There is so much around here and it might even be better to move into Bryan vs. Cstat. Let me know if you want referral info. I’d be happy to message you with that.

Thanks so much @AggieMomhelp! I would love to have you message me with a realtor referral, thanks so much! I’ll definitely look into Bryan as well, thanks for giving me the inside info since you live in the area!

1 Like