This Horse Is Alive and Unbeaten :)

<p>So sorry vlines, I mistook you for the mom of twin boys from north west Ohio.</p>

<p>No Prob Momof3…very glad not to be the mom of twins boys! One at a time is enough for me! LOL</p>

<p>I’m always glad to hear that more families and guidance counsellors are visiting UA and are impressed with all it has to offer.</p>

<p>Re vlines and momof3boyz: I once asked Jami Gates if UA was ever going to have a recruitment trip to the Pacific Northwest. She then asked if San Francisco was close enough (it’s 710 miles away from my home). It confuses people from other regions, but oftentimes it’s more convenient to attend college events and take professional exams in Canada (Vancouver) if there are no available options in Seattle.</p>

<p>Looks like Bama is getting some more attention from Hawaii soon! D’s school is sending their director of college counseling there next week. Aloha and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I am impressed that your GC’s are making trips to see and learn about UA! Are these public or private schools?</p>

<p>Both of the Hawaii schools referenced in this thread are private. However, the GC’s from my son’s school were accompanied by a GC who consults with one or more public schools in Hawaii.</p>

<p>Rick Funk and Hank Lazer put on a very impressive reception for GC’s from all over Oahu last Spring. I was there and it was clear that these two fine gentlemen got their juices flowing.</p>

<p>Rick Funk and Hank Lazer put on a very impressive reception for GC’s from all over Oahu last Spring.</p>

<p>I wonder if Bama does that much. It seems like it would be a very good idea. Have some well-produced video on a very large screen on some kind of loop that is playing in the background during the reception/talk/etc. </p>

<p>The video could showcase the campus, labs, facilities, clubs, community service, scholarships, dorms, school stats, etc.</p>

<p>That’s a good idea, m2ck. They did have a slide show with all that info and imagery running in a loop during the mingling prior to their presentation proper. Good stuff, but not as compelling as a video, especially one they could take home and/or back to school.</p>

<p>They did give every GC in attendance a goody bag filled with professionally produced literature and UA-branded items.</p>

<p>I wil be attending one of the New York receptions in November as a UA Parent. I will let you know if they have changed their recruiting approach from last year. I know that Dr. Witt is scheduled to speak again.</p>

<p>^ I look forward to seeing you at the NY reception. Son and I are visiting UA this week from NY, and I would love to hear more from New Yorkers at UA.</p>