This is Big!

<p>For us anyway. Now that all grades are in, S has a GPA this semester sufficient for the Dean’s List. OMG! And, Wait for it, a total GPA worthy of the Honors College! I’m kind of beside myself here for a few moments. Roll Tide that he keeps it up.
Did I say Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats to Idinct’s son! we all worry how our kids will do once in college, and it is such a vindication of all the difficulties in making a college selection when the kiddos shine.</p>

<p>UA must be a great environment for him. As an aid to parents of 2017 accepted students, what does your son attribute his success to (great professors, utilization of office hours/tutors, time management, improved study skills, genetics, etc.)?</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son, ldinct.</p>

<p>Congrats to your son and to your family. :)</p>

<p>Congrats to Idinct.</p>

<p>DS also did great. His lowest score was an A!</p>

<p>We are all smiles!</p>

<p>Yeah! Great grades here too!!</p>

<p>Congrats. I’m almost embarrassed to say DS got straight A+ for his first semester. He’s also made lots of friends, plays on the club volleyball team and intramurals, and is generally loving UA. He also got an email today from Dr. Sharpe inviting him to lunch. </p>

<p>Thanks to all of you for the advice over the past year.</p>

<p>Yay!!! I am smiling for y’all from ear to ear!!!</p>

<p>Congrats to all the parents, we have this sigh of relief when DS calls about being on Dean’s List in his first semester especially when he is 600 miles away…Again, thanks to CC and its Crimson Tide parents and students, and more importantly to The University of Alabama for giving our son this great opportunity to grow in such a great university…ROLL TIDE</p>

<p>I think it’s abundantly clear that all these brilliant academic performances are directly attributable to superior parenting. ;)</p>

<p>Congrats to all the outstanding young scholars, Happy Holidays everyone, and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I think it’s abundantly clear that all these brilliant academic performances are directly attributable to superior parenting.</p>

<p>I disagree - it’s all in the genes, Malanai!</p>

<p>It makes me love UA all the more to hear these great stories!!!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Nature, nurture, what does it matter as long as there’s proper attribution, lol.</p>

<p>All kidding aside, I couldn’t be prouder of my son and the way he’s sustained an over-the-top level of achievement at UA that I only dreamed about when I was his age. The credit is his, for he’s the one in the arena.</p>

<p>My son wrote on Facebook that he was very blessed to finish the semester on the Dean’s List, as he has battled the flu a couple of times, mono and other assorted issues – medical and personal. It will be good to see him Sunday evening, and I know he is thrilled to be coming home.</p>

<p>Congrats to all and thank y’all for the kind wishes & support.</p>

<p>And for those who maybe didn’t get the best news this semester, particularly freshman, don’t despair. You can get back on track. Bama has a lot of resources to help.
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats to all the students and their parents.</p>

<p>My D did very well also. She gave a presentation for CBH and was offered an on-campus job immediately afterwards! We are so proud of her.</p>

<p>We are always so glad to see our D on her break but we know she is being taken of at Bama.</p>

<p>I gotta chime in here…I have to admit that I am stunned at D’s grades! Even though she is a strong student, I figured that with adjusting to being in a new environment, not just the whole college thing, but the North / South thing, the Sorority thing, Honors classes, and extra CC’s that we would need to cut her some slack on our expectations.</p>

<p>Well gee did she surprise us all…3.96 gpa! Guess next semester I’m going to have to keep quiet when she tells me that she is ‘handling’ it! LOL</p>

<p>3.625 here. Very pleased.</p>

<p>:) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: . :)</p>