This is the official FILIPINO thread!!!

<p>hakuna matata. it's a problem-freeeeeee philosophyyyyy...</p>

<p>@friedrice: thought it's 'wag mag-alala..? :D</p>

<p>Whatever you call it..it has the same meaning..''Problem Free Philosophy''..:D..</p>

<p>if only i could live in that hakuna matata philosophy from now till college. graaaaaaah.</p>

<p>@limitedvocab</p>

<p>ehhh....whatever, I think my Tagalog is getting rusty. I've been studying English for wayyyyy toooo long.</p>

<p>Haha, I know what you mean. I've been living in singapore for about 4 years now and my Tagalog's getting horribly rusty too. But then again Tagalog isn't my first "language".. it's Bisaya :)</p>

<p>BUMP!!!!</p>

<p>Come on, fellow Filipinos speak UP! Talk about anything. If no one talks, I'll start talking about myself. Trust me, you wouldn't want to hear about my life story. :)</p>

<p>yeah how come no one else has been posting. haha.</p>

<p>@friedrice: you're class of 2013 right? have you decided on which schools you're applying to yet?</p>

<p>Yup, I'm class of 2013!</p>

<p>I'm still finalizing my list, but this is what I have right now:</p>

<p>Reaches</p>

<p>ED - UPenn (Wharton - Huntsman Program)</p>

<p>EA -</p>

<p>Harvard
Yale
Princeton
Stanford
MIT</p>

<p>Matches???</p>

<p>UChicago
UC Berkeley</p>

<p>Safeties</p>

<p>U Washington (Honors)
Seattle University</p>

<p>Considering</p>

<p>Cornell
Northwestern
University of Philippines - Dilman :p</p>

<p>Haha, I just realized my reaches are all in the Top 10 in USNWR. I'm reaching for the stars! It's basically all or nothing. I want to major in Economics and possibly do Pre-med. Though, I'm probably not going to accepted in my reaches!</p>

<p>I know my chances are bleak because I know a couple of extremely smart Filipinos with similar stats as me. They got rejected in all the top schools they've applied for. But, one went to a public with a honors and full ride. The other one got accepted to the competitive BA/MD program in USC. No Ivies, but they're doing well.</p>

<p>Well, school for me just started. This junior year is make it or break it for me!</p>

<p>Haha yeah. Those schools are big time. I say, add a couple more matches and safeties, but besides that, go ahead with your reaches. never try = never know. if you're a US citizen (i'm assuming you are) then your chances wouldn't be <em>too</em> bad right, compared to non-citizens/PRs? i guess? i'm not too sure. </p>

<p>up diliman? really? why?</p>

<p>good luck for junior year! just be consistent with work and all and you should be fine. [speaking from experience. i'm cramming for finals now and i have this vague feeling that i'm seriously jeopardizing my chances of getting into any school in the US. lol]</p>

<p>how come i only saw this now? anyway, i'm a spring admit in usc. '08. im transferring as a junior so technically im class of '09? i dont know. how do you classify your self? anyway, i've finished my degree here in the philippines. so i just need two more years to get a degree in the us.</p>

<p>up diliman is the top school in the philippines. i go there while waiting for usc. although they have problems in facility (but the other labs are good, especially in the sciences.) due to money. but up is pretty ok.</p>

<p>Hello orenihii! [Or judging from your name, 歓迎!]</p>

<p>More Filipinos join the party! Congrats on making it to USC. It's a great school.</p>

<p>Please tell me more about UP Diliman. I may want to possibly try to go there if I get rejected to my top schools in the US. How hard is it for a US based student to get in?</p>

<p>thanks. i have to agree with ultra cali. up is the best school in the philippines. its the state school. im not sure if its the biggest in the country but it is. i see a lot of foreign student here (korean mostly, studying english). i met some exchange students doing their research for their graduate studies. </p>

<p>i think they have a different way of admitting foreign students. you better check out <a href="http://www.up.edu.ph%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.up.edu.ph&lt;/a> thats the site of the whole UP system. </p>

<p>its different here. classes start in june and usually up's has the earliest deadline (usually august). </p>

<p>oh fishballs are staple food here. hahaha!</p>