This probably gets asked a lot

<p>But, in your opinion, which is better? UF or UM? I want to major in economics.</p>

<p>UF has great connections, a great reputation, and far more successful alumni. The "Gator Nation" and the sports are unparalleled.</p>

<p>However, UM is higher ranked than UF now (How legit are rankings?) and has a smaller population. I like the idea of a small private school, but I am concerned that the connections etc. at UM are not as good as at UF. This is completely an opinion, I know, but I just want to know your two cents.</p>

<p>Also, at UF, when do the classes start getting smaller?</p>

<p>And at UM, how successful are alumni in grad school admission and career placement vs UF (as in top ranked programs and such)?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>UF has far more successful alumni? Definitely not true, don’t know where you got your info on UF but its not accurate at all. UM is a better school, and will prepare you better for grad school admissions.</p>

<p>Well I guess UF would have more successful alumni considering their student body is 5x the size of UM’s.</p>

<p>UM and UF are TOTALLY different schools. You can’t just ask which one is “better,” you have to visit and decide for yourself if you want a medium-sized school with small classes or a huge school where you’re gonna be in psych 101 with 600 of your closest friends.
Personally, the ranking doesn’t matter to me, but I just don’t see how someone could get a better education in huge classes like that, which is why I chose UM over Penn State.
As far as grad school and career placement, that depends much more on who you are than what school you go to. Sure, career services and connections help, but you can get a good job coming out of any school if you work hard enough.</p>

<p>Also, don’t ever mention “Gator Nation” on a UM board. thanks.</p>