This whole stay put process

<p>Ok, am I confused or just stupid. Here is my scenerio. My son is a freshman in honors at Riverside East. He was selected to continue on honors housing and we payed deposit. He and his roommates plan on moving or would like to end up in Ridgecrest West (I think). Since one of his roommates has more credits as I understand it and will be selecting before him on Feb. 28th., he has my sons proxy number and will be pulling him and his other roommates in.</p>

<p>Until that day comes, is everybody being told that they should select stay put temporarily. If I do not stay put, is my son going to get screwed and not end up with his current roommates. Will he end up in honors housing at all? Help.</p>

<p>OMG I can’t believe I spelled paid "payed. I think I need to go back to college.</p>

<p>Terry, that was my concern too. My son is in Riverside West and wants to move to Ridgecrest to still be in honors. On CC this morning people wrote that everyone should choose stay put and then choose another residence on given day. I thought this had to be wrong so I called Housing. The rep. there said you didn’t have to choose stay put, but she would as a safety, and then my son could pick his new dorm on his chosen day. I wrote my son and this is what he did. Hopefully this will not cause a problem next week when he chooses to move next week.</p>

<p>The stay put option is for students who want to stay put or want to move somewhere else, but will stay put if other options fall through. One can switch to a different room later on in the room selection process.</p>

<p>Re: paid v. payed. The latter is being considered more acceptable as time goes on. FWIW, the same problem exists in French. Quebecois French does not replace the y when conjugating the verb payer (to pay). Other French dialects will replace the y with an i.</p>

<p>On the other hand, if he chooses stay put option, will that be interpreted as no longer wishing to stay in honors because Riverside East will no longer be honors? Where is Slippy when I need him.</p>

<p>Terry, I’m pretty sure our kids are not going to get pinched. They get to pick rooms before any freshmen, and they want to stay in honors, which requires them to move to a different dorm. My kid does not want to stay put in a non-honors dorm. But do what you think is best.</p>

<p>Terry and Slippy,
Choosing to stay put does not mean that your student cannot make another selection later in the process. It just means that they have their current selection as a fallback, should their Plan A not work out for some reason.</p>

<p>Returning students can change their selection as needed until returner room selection ends at the end of the day (11:59pm CST) on March 1.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>Room decisions are not final until after the returning student room selection process has concluded. As your son is still living in honors housing and is otherwise eligible for honors housing, he will be eligible for honors housing next year regardless if he chooses the stay put option right now, but he will need to choose an honors dorm during the time for him to select a space in another dorm.</p>

<p>Thank you Janine!</p>