Thought on Geneseo from a former Grad

<p>Trying to find out more information on getting AP credits. From the website, it seems that they do give substantial credit for AP scores. What was your experience while there concerning this? </p>

<p>If you come in with over 30 credits can you use them as credits to graduate early or just to place out of lower level classes? </p>

<p>Is there a cap on how many credits you can use?</p>

<p>lovemykids, you can do both.</p>

<p>I think the cap is 90. You have to do at least 30 credits at geneseo, anyway.</p>

<p>To add another perspective on Geneseo and IR Grad School admissions: I am a Geneseo alum (double major econ/IR) who was accepted into SIPA. I chose to attend SAIS instead, and know of at least one other Geneseo alum in my class.</p>

<p>I also would not put SIPA or Woodrow Wilson above SAIS or Georgetown. Particularly if your interest is a career in foreign policy, SAIS, SIPA and Georgetown are widely considered to be the top 3.</p>

<p>I loved my time at Geneseo and think that as long as you put in the effort, there is no reason to think that you don’t have as good a chance as anyone else of getting in to a top MA IR program (or a top MA program in any other field, for that matter).</p>

<p>Sunny92 is right, Geneseo grads get into the top programs. I got accepted into Georgetown, SAIS ($25,000 Scholarship), and Fletcher at Tufts ($14,000), and I’m planning on attending Fletcher.</p>

<p>anyone know how SUNY Geneseo grads do applying to med school? How many kids start out premed and change? How supportive/helpful is the school for applying? How about with applying early assurance to Upstate?</p>