Thoughts/experiences

Hi, Congratulations again to your daughter. Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

I’ll try to answer each of your qu’estima and hope this helps!

Crime: I’ve not heard of any crime on-campus, but off-campus can be dicey. The school provides a shuttle to Target and some off-campus housing, which is helpful. My son lived in on-campus housing both freshman and sophomore year, and there were no issues. Sophomore year the students can live in suite-style apartments, which makes it easy to cook meals. Junior year is when most kids live off-campus near the school and I think they are a bit more street-wise by then. There were some incidents this year (mugging and breaking & entering), and the school responded by increasing patrols and landlords responded by adding security features. My son is doing spring semester abroad, so he he was barely in off-campus housing for four months. Senior year he will live in Manyyunk, which is a short drive away. He will for the first time “need” a car senior year, and we’ll likely get him one in June, so he can easily commute from Manyyunk to his summer internship in Center City.

Re extracurriculars, they have a lot of club sports and many different clubs ranging from professional interest to service clubs to dance and more. Knock wood, we’ll never see another pandemic, but during that time, I was super impressed by how the school brought in animals to hang with the kids (goat yoga and dogs!) and they sponsored a lot of outdoor events.

What does she plan to study and which other schools is she considering?

1 Like

Well that’s strange. I would have expected a commencement speaker to speak to ALL students…you know, be inclusive and all…

This is really old so not sure if it will be seen but did your daughter submit test scores and if yes, what were her scores?

I just happened to see this, her act was 33, her sat was only 1470 but I think she submitted it as well. She wasn’t a Philadelphia fan (we live 1 1/2 hours away, but she’s somewhat familiar with the city and as much as she lives cities it’s not her favorite, feels the homeless is too aggressive compared to others).

1 Like