Thoughts on Spring Hall and/or Honors LLC?

My daughter is an incoming freshman (still uncommitted but SLU is a very strong finalist) and was accepted to the SLU Honors program. Anyone here who is or have a child in this LLC who can share their experience? We only saw Spring Hall from the outside during campus tour so any insights on this particular dorm is also appreciated. I know it also houses a couple other LLCs.

Congratulations to your daughter- she will love being a Billiken! I have a Freshman at SLU. She did not do Honors LLC or live in that dorm but she would tell you that dorm is one of the nicest dorms and convenient to everything. Her friends in Honors have enjoyed the experience. I think it’s one of the most active LLCs. . She did the Health Sciences LLC in a much older less fancy dorm. She has had a really good experience and is in fact staying in that dorm next year with her two awesome roommates (she did the roommate matching app and thru it found roommates that are now 2 of her closest friends)

Thanks for your insights including what she knows about Spring Hall. My daughter just submitted the deposit and we’re all excited to have a Billiken in the family! She does want to use the roommate matching app as well once she has access. We’re from Florida so everything is all new so soaking everything in.

How exciting to make it official :tada::tada::tada:! We are from Seattle so all new for us too. Summer orientation was super helpful for my daughter and me. Feel free to reach out if any questions pop up along the way.

Thanks! We’re really looking forward to SLU 101. Already signed up for the June 15-16 sessions and plan to explore the city more the day before and after. How were the parent sessions for you? I know they’re separated from students and it’ll just be me as my wife won’t be able to attend.

Parent sessions were very helpful- they got a little long in places but I figured that would happen. My favorite part was meeting other parents- such a nice group of people. Since my husband could not come, my 80 year old mom came along which made it extra special.

I barely saw my daughter but loved catching glimpses of her mingling with her future classmates.