Thoughts on the University of Wisconsin-Madison?

<p>ive lived in wisconsin my whole life and am now attending uw. the only real bad parts are in january and february when we get freezing cold temperatures. last year was real bad because of all of the snow, freezing temperatures, and extremely cold wind. if you can tough it out for a couple weeks its a great place to live.</p>

<p>Amazing! Simply, amazing. I went on a college tour there earlier in the summer and there was not one second of the entire experience that I did not enjoy. The community is so vibrant in opinions and active in global and social issues. I remember reading Annie Dillard's, "An American Childhood" outside of the university book store and so many college students just came up to me and commented on how they love her work. It's a really great atmosphere, I cannot stress that enough! Every restaurant or local hangout place gives off the most comforting and welcoming vibe; I felt like I had been there before. Also, the university offers so many great, challenging programs that you could really set out to major in anything. It's my number one choice and I cannot wait to see if I get in! :) I know you wanted to hear about engineering, but I just felt like giving my two cents about the university ;)</p>