Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Wow! Congratulations.

Congratulations. Job well done!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Congratulations

1 Like

did anyone hear back from ucincinatti?

I will advice to not place too much emphasis on the past match list. There a million other things that help determine your match way beyond the raw data or past statistics. One thing you should plan to do is to decide your area of interest early while in medical school and join an interest group in that area of interest and find a way to apply for research opportunities in top research medical schools during any off school time you have, finish strong in medical school, do well in your steps exam and it will be difficult to hold you back regardless of your school. I have people who graduated from not so rated medical schools who matched into Harvard

1 Like

Congratulations

Also, whoever has been accepted to PMM, should we make a group? Also does anybody know when the accepted student day is?
Making a group will be easy to find roommates also.
We can ask anybody outside of this group to join too

2 Likes

Any update on Hofstra round 2 invitation for interview? Are they out?

As matter of fact, Union/AMC will come with roughly 700k COA assuming no scholarships.
So the BU not giving out NMF scholarship to the SMED students is a surprise to me. Is this a recent change or it has been set up like that for a while? So, in this case - all they get is $2500 one-time scholarship from National Merit Scholar Program, correct?

ye sure do u want my snap or insta?

Anyone who had NJMS interview, could they share some feedback? Heard some people had very difficult time.

1 Like

I know Union/AMC is expensive too even after 30K scholarship. My friend’s D is paying 5K/month and their Medical college is expensive too.

Yes, This is what I heard last year from all the BU students/parents in this thread but students who didn’t get into their BS/MD programs (accepted to their undergrad) were given NMF $25K scholarship.

I don’t have Instagram lol.
Can somebody make a Facebook group? That’s what they have every year

You can search past BSMD results threads for students who accepted Union/AMC offer. zsxBSMD2019 is one of them. There could be others. Good luck.

There aren’t done with the interviews yet.
This is what Hofstra announced
BSMD virtual interviews for Fall 2022:
Friday, March 4, 2022
Monday, March 7, 2022
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Friday, March 11, 2022
With limited about 10-15 seats for BSMD, I doubt Hofstra calls for the second 2 interviews. Not to throw a monkey wrench on your hopes, but I recall they didn’t invite round 2 interviews in the last application cycle, they did all in the first round itself. Good luck.

Thanks @NoviceDad

upstate programs are 8 yrs, does anyone know if we can start Med school earlier if we finish in 3 years? if not what are some other things we can do in that “gap year”?

1 Like

@somcpharm, @rkandala11, @kaj2017 - There is usually a Facebook group for the entering BS/MD class called - “PMM 2025/2029 (Penn State-SKMC BS/MD)”. I am not sure if this has been created yet.

For the UG class of 2026 → Penn State University Class of 2026 (Official) | Facebook

2 Likes