Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Called NJMS staff yesterday. They mentioned results from feeder schools will be announced around first week of April.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. Looking at past threads, they released decisions on April 2 in 2020

1 Like

Oh gheez I hadn’t realized that it was 1000 hours of clinical experiences

Last year, NJMS released on March 22, 2021.

They released on April 1 in 2019 cycle so I am assuming the same

Anyone heard back from UAB EMSAP? I heard they make phone calls to the admitted students…

Yes, got a call from Dr. Pence. I’m in.

13 Likes

Congratulations!!

@Research2
Is 1000 hours of clinical experience is program requirement? Meaning including rotations all, candidates need to complete 1000 clinical experience hours to get DO at the end of the program completion? Usually, 100-200 hours is set as sufficient for avg MD/DO applicants in the traditional route. 1000 hours of clinical experience for DO matriculation is a lot.
Can you share a link showing 1000 hours of clinical experience requirement for “NOVA’s Dual Admission BS/DO program”?

Correction - it is 1000 hours of community service and shadowing during the undergrad years. This is stated in the agreement for accepted students but is not stated on their web site as far as I know.

Congratulations!

Even that is a lot. IMO, check with the source of the info to validate 1000 hrs requirement. There could be a typo in there.

1 Like

That’s tough thing to “guide” thru without knowing more (IMO)… like what u like, where u like, what do u prefer etc.,

Generally speaking ( NOTE: I am NOT ditching any program), BSMD is easier to get into the matches for your preferences like “internal” around 20% of total class get into that.( I agree with @rk2017 on this)

I would recommend, you can look at colleges of your choice and see the matching results for few years to come to a decision

As far as ease of course… i don’t think any BSMD or even BSDO will be an easy path (They are 8+ years for a reason)

In short you won’t go wrong in either path… Good luck

100% agree…

My D (as of now) said that as she’s going to be spending 8+ years … she wants “challenges and new things everyday” and can’t see herself in Family practice .

It’s all individual tastes and preferences.

So choose the colleges based on opportunities that provide choices/specialty they want and the one you like(That’s how she made decision in narrowing and eliminating colleges)

2 Likes

BU SMED results are out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you get in?

I wouldnt put too much faith into what happens 8 years from now based on where you go today for your residency based on what a particular school did this year. For whatever reason, student interests dont always stay the same and can change within a span of 2-3 years irrespective of the college they attend. 3 years ago I was complaining that Stanford graduates, one of the programs that matches pretty much to all top residency programs around the country, had 7 or 8 doing derm, supposedly because of lifestyle as opposed to some level of altruism expected of doctors. This year they have 13 people doing anesthesia, pretty much unheard of but the trend has been that all top schools are sending an unheard of percentage to anesthesia this year.

Stanford University School of Medicine

Anesthesiology (13)

Brigham​

Brigham​

Brigham​

Brigham​

Cornell​

MGH​

MGH​

Stanford​

Stanford​

Stanford​

Stanford​

UC Davis​

U Penn​

Dermatology (1)

Stanford​

Emergency Medicine (6)

Cincinnati​

Emory​

George Washington​

Mount Sinai​

Mount Sinai​

U Chicago​

ENT (2)

Stanford​

Stanford​

Family Medicine (1)

U Washington​

Internal Medicine (17)

Beth Israel Deaconess​

Brigham​

Brigham​

Brigham​

Cedars-Sinai​

Johns Hopkins​

Johns Hopkins​

MGH​

Mount Sinai​

Stanford​

Stanford​

Stanford​

UCSF​

UCSF​

UCSF​

UCSF​

Walter Reed​

Interventional Radiology (1)

Stanford​

Neurosurgery (3)

Mayo​

NYU​

Stanford​

Obstetrics and Gynecology (4)

Cornell​

Cornell​

Einstein​

USC​

Ophthalmology (4)

Boston​

Michigan​

Wills​

Wills​

Orthopedic Surgery (6)

HSS​

HSS​

Minnesota​

Rochester​

Stanford​

U Penn​

Pathology (1)

Stanford​

Pediatrics (2)

U Washington​

U Washington​

Pediatric Anesthesiology (2)

Johns Hopkins​

Stanford​

Plastic Surgery (1)

Brigham​

Psychiatry (7)

Columbia​

Kaiser​

Mayo​

MGH​

Stanford​

Stanford​

U Washington​

Radiation Oncology (1)

MD Anderson​

Surgery (6)

Brigham​

Emory​

Inova Fairfax​

MGH​

U Washington​

UCSD​

Urology (2)

Cornell​

Stanford​

Vascular Surgery (2)

Stanford​

U Penn​

Yes, it’s out. My daughter was rejected :cry:. This is the end of BSMD path for her. Congrats on your acceptance and to everyone else.

Did you receive an email or update on portal?

Email to check portal