Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Not always… That seems to be 125 for 3 sections and 126 in one.

When taking practice tests, the student should hit these numbers consistently while improving the scores further. In theory, one must score 127 to 128 in all sections unless they are stronger in one subject so they can be easy on that one weak area.

@gradedu
Here is ACT/SAT vs. 2015 MCAT correlation posted on SDN. The sample size is limited - for SAT it’s 22, and for ACT it’s 28 samples. Looking at the chart you see there were outperformers and underachievers, but one can see the trend (the line). You need to use the old SAT-to-New SAT conversation chart from the second link to find your old SAT score and use the chart from the SDN post to find MCAT correlation. At the end this is just a prediction based on small sample size, the actual result could vary.

2 Likes

I am aware of that :slight_smile: but some may have taken early.

It should be achievable around 509-512 (depending on the year) as the requirement said > than previous year.

The question though is, does your D wants to take it as any tests involves preparation. Only your D can decide.

There are folks who wants to make it less frenetic (like @mom2boys1999 said) for the UG time, relax and prepare for the MD with research (and other stuff)

Personally if someone had cracked BSMD then they should be able to beat it… but do they want… that’s a different topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing your DS’s experiences.

1 Like

80 percentile is very doable with good preparation.
Most BS/MD students that I know score >515 (90+ percentile) with good preparation.
One of my students at PMM scored a 523. He studied very hard for 2 months. He may be an outlier but with good preparation 80 percentile should be very doable.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Thanks for the inputs.

Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated.

1 Like

@sondi Replied to ur DM

1 Like

Folks

Please share your stats and perspectives on the RESULTS thread:

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed/accepted into the Howard bs/md program?

1 Like

Sidney Kimmel seems to have done quite well in their matches.

2 Likes

@texaspg
Agreed. 15 Orthopedic Surgery matches, wow! and 30 DOPEN matches (10.9%).

1 Like

Yes, Sidney Kimmell has done well as opposed to its ranking.

Their Med school class size like Case is larger than other medical schools. Still, the number of specialty matches is a good number.

1 Like

Not sure why DOPEN is that big a deal. It is as hard to get into Optho, thoracic, Vascular, Urology etc.

May be DOPEN is cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s just a viewpoint of the match data. DOPEN matches are usually the lowest match success rate. Here is an article dated 2018 on this. Yes, there are other residency specialties that are difficult to match too.

Why is AMC listed last in this order? COuld anyone give more insight into why AMC is not that well-regarded medical school compared to others? I am seeing everyone giving it last priority often.