Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

How do you know they only take 10 for interviews?

@Gettingin2college
According to Adelphiā€™s 4+4 Guaranteed Entrance Program info pageā€¦ā€œAn Adelphi ASP Selection Committee will review, interview and recommend up to five (5) potential candidates who have been accepted to Adelphi to Upstate for further consideration.ā€

Right but @NoviceDad mentioned that only 10 are selected for interviews and was wondering where he got this info. fromā€¦

From Upstateā€™s Asst. Director in charge of BS/MD admissions.

1 Like

So 10 get interviewed and 5 get accepted. So if one of the 5 declines, then they likely may tap into the pool of the remaining 5 candidates who were interviewed or offer more interviews from the group- ā€˜hold for future comparisonā€™ ?
Or would it be that one of 10 decline interviews, then they go into the pool of standby kids?

it is my understanding that it is the second scenario where they would to the pool of standby kids.

RIT, though Iā€™m waiting to hear back from UAlbany.

I wouldnā€™t sweat it too much. Interviews continue through March, and people from past yearsā€™ BS/MD threads have gotten in on the later interview cycles. Iā€™m assuming that the different colleges operate on different schedules.

Thank youā€¦ my D got accepted at Purchase and sent to Upstate ā€¦ but didnā€™t hear yet anything from Upstateā€¦

Waiting on Adelphi tooā€¦

I thought notification from feeder schools to be completed by 15thā€¦(read somewhere)

So worried about Upstate finalizing it.

Thanks

1 Like

Pretty sure it varies by feeder school; my invite was sent through Syracuse and the first available date was Jan 13th. Based on this, seems like the 10th was probably the earliest date for your feeder as well.

for anyone who was accepted through Syracuse, were you notified of acceptance to the undergrad itself? I havenā€™t gotten mine yet which seems strange. Thanks!

If an application is forwarded to NJMS by more than one feeder undergraduate institution, does it increase chance of getting interview from NJMS?
or being forwarded by one feeder school is enough?

Any thoughtsā€¦

I donā€™t think it will increase your chance of getting an interview from NJMS. One feeder school is enough. I think people usually just apply to more than one feeder school just to get to the interview stage in the first place?

No insider info :smile: but it should not make difference.
If you are forwarded then itā€™s usually 1/20 or 1/30 ā€¦ and i donā€™t think the Med school will not interview you 2 times ā€¦ so doesnā€™t matter.

Does NJMS accept applicants from every feeder school? Do they accept applicants on rolling basis?

Did anyone hear back from Stevens Institute of Technology BS/MD?

To be clear, my question was whether NJMS take few students from every feeder school similar to upstate? OR it may happen that some feeder schools will not get any seats at NJMS?

didnā€™t apply there

I did, no updates yet, my portal still says awaiting for the interview status

Same here

NJMS does not care which feeder school you join if multiple feeder schools forward the application.

Except for TCNJ, NJIT, and Rutgers-Newark, other feeder schools may not forward your application to NJMS. There have been years when intake at, for example, Stevens was <1 student.