Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

my app got forwarded to the med school but im unsure if that means I got into the honors program. was there a separate email for you about njit honors?

I received an email from NJIT’s Albert Dorman Honors College that I will find out whether or not I was forwarded to NJMS after New Year’s. When did you find out that your app was forwarded to NJMS?

Also, I found out I got into NJIT’s Honors College via postal mail, but I haven’t received an email or status update about it.

Yes, my son applied to NYIT BS/DO. He was admitted!
“Congratulations! On behalf of the admissions committee, I am pleased to extend you an offer of admission to NYIT. You have been admitted to the Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences BS/Osteopathic Medicine (DO) program at our Long Island campus beginning in the Fall 2022 semester”

2 Likes

Congrats

Does anyone have an idea of when the last call round for Bostons BS/MD will be?

I would recommend an outsider(s) for a mock interview rather than mom and dad (worst case, it is still alright). This is to test one’s own comfort levels in interacting with strangers and be able to test one’s communication strengths, body language, tone and speed modulation and stuff and iron out any issues.

You can ask a colleague/family friend or a college student not known to your son/daughter to take the mock interview. To avoid them spending time on the task, you can give them the list of prepared questions and any follow up questions yourselves.

1 Like

It is very feasible to take a gap year between undergrad and before joining the med school in most BS/BA/MD programs. You may have to just let them know in advance so they can adjust the intake numbers for that particular year and following year accordingly.

One reason could be because they had minimum score requirements for each of the sections besides the overall composite score. And their requirement for the composite was somewhat on the higher end, something like 87% ile.

Have heard of students in the past clearing the composite mark but failed to do so in one of the sub sections, by a point or so and having to retake the MCAT all over again. And they have a limit on how many attempts they have to clear both the reqs. (Feel most students in the program shouldn’t have a problem clearing within those attempts)

So guess it was on a cautionary note that they added the EAP color to the program to stress to the students and parents that they shouldn’t consider it a cake walk once into the program.

1 Like

Somebody posted earlier that it should be around first week of January. They called a few. We are waiting too

Did people submit their first card marking grades to Boston? Do they have to have that before sending out interview invites??

No, I don’t think so. Standard mid-year report when the time comes is enough.

congrats!!

Congratulations!

Did anyone get full tuition scholarship to Hofstra?

Anyone have an idea of how and when we will hear back from case western?

Notifications only in FEB 
 per website/forum (somewhere)

D got into UG 
 but waiting for scholarship.
Did you get the scholarships already?

Thanks

She got 33K per year. Not full tuition though

1 Like

I found out on December 22

When did you apply for Hofstra ? In our case, it was submitted on 12/15, status shows under review