***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

@privatems
You may self-report other types of exam scores including APs in SRAR. Did you able to see them in there? In addition, you can directly report AP scores to PSU through CollegeBoard. Hope this helps.

https://admissions.psu.edu/apply/srar/troubleshooting/

2 Likes

Thank you @cheer2021. Apparently, the option to report AP or other exam scores through SRAR shows up only if the school makes it required. In this case it’s not a *requirement. I guess sending the official scores directly through college board is the only choice just like SAT/ACT.

1 Like

Make sure then you add it to your resume.
Suggestion - only report a score of 4 or 5 on your AP exams.

Thank you @NoviceDad. That’s a good idea to include in resume.

@privatems
In the PMM admissions requirements PSU said “A strong GPA and evidence of participation in rigorous high school classwork, possibly including honors, AP or IB classes”, but no place to include APs in their MyPennState application as well in their SRAR like you said - strange!

1 Like

current pmm here
they look at your transcripts for Aps if you don’t submit anywhere else on the app.

If ur applying via common app there is one extra “optional essay” for psu, but it helps your case i assume.

2 Likes

Hi, I saw this thread and was wondering if any of you would pick an ivy vs. bs/md. I have seen many post on other websites about this and not sure which is the best option?

@KB_007
There is a dedicated thread for discussing BSMD Vs Traditional Path - It covers Ivys too. In addition, check the BSMD results thread for typical acceptances posted by the applicants - some include multiple acceptances from Ivys. The best option is up to the individual - as there will be many viewpoints - is the goal to become a physician, prestige, COA, location, and or living close to a support system, 
add your specific viewpoints to this list.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/bs-md-results-fall-2022-applicants/3607522/999

1 Like

Thank you cheer2021 !

1 Like

Does it matter if you take BC calc Vs AB calc? I’m doing 6 Aps right now with so many leadership roles in my ecs and I feel like if I did BC my grade would drop a lot.

Six APs is enough. CalAB is enough rigor. The last thing you need right now is to start making worse grades, feel stressed out and lose self confidence. This whole process will last you through mid spring. Keep even pacing keep going.

@vroom_278
Where did you see " 2021 and 2022 averages were 36 for ACT"?

Optional. 35 is not an advantage at PMM so why disclose it?

Since it’s test optional, it’s likely that only people who made 36 submitted their scores, pushing the average high at 36. A 35 is not far behind. If it backs up your GPA and other test scores to show your rigor and potential, I don’t see why not submit.

1 Like

@vroom_278 - yes, you should submit your score if it was 35. It’s a pretty good score. The bsmd admissions are holistic where the other aspects of your profile would be important as well

2 Likes

Take Calc AB. Don’t stress yourself about taking Calc BC

1 Like

@privatems - Once you apply to Penn State via common app, you will get a confirmation email with information about “penn state status portal”.
You can then submit grades, AP scores, etc. via PSU srar -

2 Likes

+1 for submitting your 35. if you don’t, the assumption is, you got a much worse score. A 35 is nothing to be ashamed of.

1 Like

@Vicky2019 : Thank you. I was referring to applying through their web application.

1 Like

ACT=35 is a decent score.
You should submit the score.

2 Likes