***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

I thought people got notified about GW mid January.

Does anyone know any good Bs/do programs my daughter can still apply to?

Have you checked on Nova Southeastern?

Try LECOM as well.

2 Likes

me neither. And portal doesn’t have any update. All I see is, we will be notified about semi-finalist by end of Jan

No guideline for this. So different people are writing in different ways.

1 Like

My son got an invite to Baylor2Baylor event. Not sure how to prepare for that as it seems like it is only at the UG. Any tips?

1 Like

Nova’s deadline is February 1st.

2 Likes

Any idea on the different steps in the screening process for Rutgers-Newark BA/MD Program? Trying to find but couldn’t find any posts.

My son received an email for a phone call with Rutgers New Jersey Medical School for next week. My assumption is that the interview with the medical school is the last step in the whole process. Trying to understand the steps.

My dd got email regard of phone interview as well.
I have no idea either.

1 Like

In my LKSOM interview for the program last year they said that of the 18 interviewed by temple 10-18 are selected for the actual program.

1 Like

@34567876543vv
@moodybluepapaya posted a nice summary of BS/DO programs in the Fall 2022 results thread. You can check which ones of them still accepting applications. Good luck.

2 Likes

Yes, email.

They changed the format the past couple of years. The semifinalist event now includes some group activities that they loosely call competitions. Check last year’s results to see if someone described the event. Most of the day will be songs and dances. They want to use these events to feature their school. This year is the first time they have B2B events in-person. Should be more informative than the virtual events. I notice that they are adding something about candidates who are open to serving the underserved. Waco is definitely underserved. Be ready to research a bit about the area and its needs in case your child needs to talk about their plan for undergrad. Students can be back to volunteer in-person now. The school is doing its best to connect the prehealth population to shadow opportunities at hospitals and clinics. Good luck!

1 Like

is this rejection from Saint.Bonaventure university before they forward it to George Washington OR was the initial round OK with ST.BON and there after rejected from George Washington?

Yes, this is the undergraduate event.

Pre-Covid, the all-day event had a college tour, a general information session with all invited students, and an interview. There will an opportunity for you and your son to observe and learn about BaylorU as well as for them to study you.

Not sure, if they will follow the same format this year.

Ensure you know your application inside out and your reasons for applying to BaylorU. And be yourself.

Hmm I’m not entirely sure. When I read the language of the email, my D was not even forwarded to GW.

Status so far:

PennState - Jefferson: Medical interview invites sent

Pitt - supplement sent

NJIT: interview invites for undergrad sent/ being sent and interviews in progress
TCNJ: interview invites for undergrad sent/ being sent and interviews in progress
Rutgers-Newark: - interview invites for undergrad sent/ being sent

Upstate/ select feeder schools: Supplement sent

AMC/feeder school: Supplement sent

BaylorU: invites for all-day undergrad event sent

Wilkes: undergrad interviews completed

W&J: supplement sent

Am I missing any colleges?

4 Likes

The website is silent about it.
Best to confirm with the program.
Sometimes programs do not follow the general test-optional criteria.

One more

St. Bonaventure sent out acceptance/rejection to undergrad.