***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

BSMD. But EA on UG. Early Action (EA) results were supposed to be out yesterday as per their website

If you applied for PPSP, you are not considered for their EA. They would have mentioned it in their first mail after receiving your application.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly why I asked you. In common app it should clearly say that PPSP applicants are not eligible for EA

2 Likes

My dd got virtual interview upstate .Do u know any idea of iogin Id and pin?
My dd has no idea about this?
Anyone can help?

2 Likes

I think you would receive an email first with login info, then later once the candidate is accepted by the committee, you would get an email with information & can schedule the interview dates/time afterward.

For what feeder?

NJIT started forwarding application to NJMS

1 Like

Got it. It is from purchase/ upstate

Thank you for sharing this.

1 Like

@rk2017
One can choose a field or at least frame out an ambition to become a doctor in specialty, but Step 2 scores and others like their reflection/experience during rotations could be in favor or against to their initial choice. I came across an M4 student who wanted to be a Pediatrician from the beginning, but during rotations, this person fell in love with Anetheciology and eventually ended up getting a residency in it. Another contact is dead set on Neuro Surgery and this person eventually got into the residency has been aiming for.
A strong match has a higher percentage of people matching into competitive residencies. Some medical schools’ match list consistently shows strong matches and some don’t - not necessarily means that one school is too good or another school is bad or something. It could be just in that batch of students not many are interested in the competitive residencies or vice-versa. Just for the sake of own clarification, one can compare the JHU match list vs a low-tier medical school match list for the same year - and do it for 2-3 years and see the trend.

It’s quite possible one could be in a low-tier medical school and matched to a top-tier school for a competitive residency OR start with a top medical school and be matched to a lower-tier school for an IM or Family Medicine. I knew a contact who did MD at Carrebian school, worked as IM physician, and now doing a fellowship in Cardiology at a medical school in NY.

I agree with you on money making part - one should not choose a field in medicine for that, they are many easy routes in which they can make more money.

2 Likes

Hi all, current junior at Brown PLME, happy to pay it forward and help people during this stressful time, best of luck y’all!

5 Likes

Congratulations!!!

I would PM you, but for some reason I am unable to

Where do you go to apply there

Is anyone else having trouble filling out the PIttsburgh GAP supplement? After taking ages to fill in each of the three activies under each of the 5 tabs, I made sure I was saving everything. Then after filling out the rest of the forms, when I hit submit, it takes me back to the first page and everything is erased! :frowning:

I hate to go through the same process again and have the same thing happen :(!

1 Like

I got an email from the NJIT honors college saying that I should expect to receive a decision by the end of February – does this indicate anything about the BSMD? I haven’t received an interview or anything information regarding the BSMD yet

My son had no issues (as far as I know) with the portal. Try using another browser.

1 Like

Thank you, will try again.

no idea. I m on the same page as you are.

Many students received NJIT Honors admissions emails.
Looks like they are not yet done with the process.

NJIT typically does undergrad interviews till mid-Jan.
If you do not hear otherwise, you are still in contention.

1 Like