***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

As far as I remember, Nevada program was exclusive only to instate students (like Colarodo, Minnesota, some TX ones). So practically should be of no impact on most.

2 Likes

My thinking isā€¦ pretty much all West coast schools have huge demand in their traditional cycle, so they donā€™t want to bother much with this.

@Rali_Jan
That is correct. Looking at AAMC data: Undergraduate Institutions Supplying 50 or More Asian (Alone or In Combination) Applicants to U.S. MD-Granting Medical Schools, 2021-2022 : 5 UCs are in the National top 10 here - this after premed dropouts early in the UG phase.
https://www.aamc.org/media/5996/download?attachment

1 Like

Yes, Nevada was an in-state-only program.

1 Like

Thank you for the info.

Thank you, will explore.

Do students need to show shadowing experience as an extracurricular activity in the common app activity list? I thought itā€™s mostly described in essays.

@privatems
IMO, you can also list your shadowing experience in your resume plus as a career-oriented activity on the common app.

2 Likes

Can you please send me also the direct message about the college coach that you used.

I replied to your message.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

I was wondering if anyone knew which of the three AMC combinations are best or what the individual characteristics are: Siena/AMC, RPI/AMC, and Union/AMC. The websites stipulate one can only apply to one of these three combinations.

I understand that RPI focuses on research and physician-scientists and Siena is service oriented. How about Union/AMC? Any other insights would be helpful.

Thank you. Iā€™m new to this forum! My DD is applying this year to some BSMD programs.

1 Like

Union is focused on Leadership.
Union - as you know - also has an MBA as part of the program and is, therefore, an 8-year program with 3 degrees - BS, MBA, and MD.

You have gotten the other 2 feed schools correctly - RPI for research and Siena for community service.
RPI is a 7-year program while Siena is an 8-year program.

Each feeder school has 15 seats.

1 Like

That helps a lot. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Yes, I remember when USC used to have a BSMD program which they eliminated in 2011 and UC San Diego followed suit.

IMO, each one has different flavors.

Your D has to figure out where her passion/path wants to take her.

(donā€™t want to repeat what Novedad repeated on each UG)
For example : Say your D like community service then her applying to Union donā€™t make sense or likes MBA then Sienna donā€™t make sense.

Thatā€™s the way i would align.

JMHO ā€¦ Good luck

Yepā€¦ Sadly for west coast folks it makes it much more harder ā€¦ but thatā€™s the game and we got to play by those rules ā€¦ :slight_smile:

Hi guys! If I have gotten a 3 on 3 AP exams but had in A in those and a 4 on an exam but I had an 89 in APUSH (B+) what do I do? Is it necessary to submit test scores while applying? I donā€™t know how much my 4 will help my college process and I would withhold scores but that is a lot of money

@collegegirl104
Usually, 8 APs with a min 4 scores are recommended. Some High Schools offer only limited number of AP courses. ā€œNational AP Scholarā€ award and a few other awards were discontinued by the college board and there are new AP Scholar Award Levels. Check here for details. @texaspg posted a detailed message on the # of APs reqs. A link to that message has been provided below.
AP Scholar Awards ā€“ AP Central | College Board.

Yes, that makes sense. Hmmm, Iā€™ll have to have her think more. Thank you!!!

1 Like