***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Would you please provide insight to me as well? I am preparing for some interviews, namely AMC since that is my top program. Thank you!

1 Like

Can you send the details for my son. Interview in Drexel.

1 Like

I also got an interview for Drexel. Do you have any details you can DM? Anything at all would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I am including the list that I use as the five non-negotiables for approaching the decision of services (what I wish I knew before I considered that in my own BS/MD process):
#5BS/MD Exclusivity (their central focus is BS/MD students)
#4Intimate Familiarity with the BS/MD Process (truly know the BS/MD experience)
#3Driven by Current BS/MD Admits (adapted through recent cycle successful admits)
#2Designed by Strong Scaffolding, Yet Flexible to the Individual Student (structured around the individual student, not one-size-fits-all)
#1Listens First, Speaks Last (seeks to understand your student’s needs above all)

I hope this gives some clarity to parents and students overwhelmed by this decision. There are very few services out there that have these qualities, so be sure to look closely!

2 Likes

hey novicedad, do you mind sending me a DM? I had a question about a specific BS/MD program

2 Likes

Can you please PM me? Thanks!

2 Likes

the invites started today.

1 Like

My son received invite for Hofstra Med School interview today. The interviews are virtual in March first half.

2 Likes

just received invite for Hofstra BS/MD today. They offer virtual interviews in the beginning of March.
Does anyone have any tips for interviews?

1 Like

Those who received Hofstra invites- when did you take the Casper exam?

If you did not receive Hofstra invite today it means your BS/MD application has been rejected?

1 Like

to those who received Hofstra interviews, did you apply by the nov 15 or dec 15 deadline?

interviews going out in waves till Feb 28

December 10

Applied EA2 on Dec 15th.

Casper on Jan 17th

UMKC rejections came through

1 Like

I got waitlisted for interview at UMKC. Honestly I’ve gotten 3 interviews and 2 waitlists with a 1480 superscore and 2 Bs on my transcript, all while being an ORM. I really do think it was my essays that did grant me some interviews, which is amazing.

7 Likes

Sometimes ORMs get lucky if they have rare situations which allow excellent essays

1 Like

Being able to write well is an art. Having read a lot of essays from med school applicants and how badly people write to convey something they did very well but write very badly about, I can completely understand.

2 Likes