***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Any updates regarding the Penn State PMM decisions?

Hello,

The results will be posted next week is what I have heard from a reliable source

3 Likes

Does anyone know the interview process for brooklyn? And is this interview with the Undergrad college or medical school?

1 Like

Brooklyn Came out? Does it come out in waves?

Medical

Be on the lookout for Pitt GAP interviews today…Last year, they were sent on Thursday, February 17th around noon

1 Like

Thank you so much.

My D got acceptance for NSU BS-DO and now waiting for some BS-MD interviews.
Anyone knows how good is NSU undergrad so that student give MCAT and apply out for MD program. Heard that 30% from admitted students apply out to MD pool once have good MCAT score.

It’s up to the individual to prep for the MCAT, but they generally should have everything covered by the spring sophomore year for those who choose the 7-year pathway and should be able to take the MCAT by late spring. Depending on the score and whether one can graduate in 3 years, one can decide to apply out that summer. The seat at their DO school is guaranteed if one meets the GPA and MCAT requirements. For those who choose the 8-year pathway, then MCAT suring the spring junior year. This is pretty common, even among the traditional med school applicants. It’s great that the seat is guaranteed even if the student applies out. Since there seems to be a good chunk of their BS-DO students apply out successfully, I think that the academic rigor at NSU is solid.

3 Likes

How many batches are there for the Upstate Ualbany Interviews?

Does anyone have any feedback about the OU HCOM early assurance program. I never see it in the discussion threads . Wondering if it is a really low tier med school

1 Like

Does anyone know the interview format for the Brooklyn BA/MD interview? Is it MMI or traditional? Is it with a doctor, student, or professor? Has anyone ever interviewed with them before? Thanks!

I’ve also read that Brooklyn BA/MD invites around 150 students to interview, so does anyone know how they cut that number down to 15 students admitted?

Parent of a student who did the OU BS/MD program, though ended up doing MD at a different college. This student liked so much the program and the flexibility it provided and of course enjoyed free tuition also for UG. Did it in 3 years and when going thru the process (still you need to complete AMCAS app with LORs and take MCAT. But at that time came to know you can apply to other schools also but still seat is guaranteed at OU Medical (at least in 2018-19). Applied and got else where but has no second thought to do MD at OU if not got medical school elsewhere. Typically they take 5-6 students per year and few did MD at OU. Used to give 5 years of tuition free and can carry forward to MD school also (used to be, check with school for the current status). That ex governor and long time OU President left who championed to bring the maximum NMS to OU in the country.

4 Likes

Nova is a solid school. My dentist and his wife graduated from dental and medical school there. My son got accepted for 4 + 4 bs/do program due to his low SAT score with no restriction. With his 80 hours dual college credits, he will definitely graduate there in 2 years , maintaining minimum GPA and MCAT score and be allowed to attend medical school in his 3rd year.

He will have his interview in a few weeks at Texas Tech and UMKC
Interviewed and waiting for MSSU/KCU
Still waiting for Brown, Oklahoma and Cincinnati
Rejection: 14 other bs/md programs

He loves UMKC, Nova and MSSU due to their shorter programs.

3 Likes

It’s hard to beat the National Merit scholarship at OU due to its 5 years in length. I don’t know if they still have the OOS tuition-waiver with that scholarship. Basically, if you graduate early in 3 years, you’d only have to pay med school tuition for two years at in-state rate.

3 Likes

Anyone received NJMS BS/MD interview through TCNJ?

Dont remember anyone here saying they got an NJMS interview from TCNJ.

Anybody knows if NJMS finished all their interview invite waves?

2 Likes

No, we are waiting on pins and needles. Really wondering if D was rejected at this point. My D was forwarded from TCNJ back in December and nothing from NJMS. Did anyone get an interview from NJMS after being forwarded from TCNJ?

1 Like

We are in the same boat too! No news from TCNJ/NJMS after being forwarded in Dec.

1 Like