Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@Vicky2019
“Being selected for the interview does automatically mean you are admitted to BAMD program either”.
You seems to mean
“Being selected for the interview does NOT automatically mean you are admitted to BAMD program either”. Correct ?

IMO, total unique enrollment in NJMS BSMD may be around 30-35 in all feeder schools. An applicant may be counted by multiple schools as being “offered admission” if they have interviewed him/her and forwarded his/her application to NJMS.

New here, S applied for few BSMD programs including NJIT/NJMS. Received NJIT undergrad admission, but no honors interview yet. Is it coming in waves or all the interview call letters are sent out. Any info on this will be appreciated to move from NJIT to the next one.

@InspiredMD, not sure if interview invites are done or more coming. Better call NJIT and ask.

@grtd2010 - You are correct. Thanks for pointing out. I didn’t even realize that I forgot - “NOT”

I meant “Being selected for the interview does NOT automatically mean you are admitted to BAMD program either”

@GoldenRock , my daughter was accepted to OU. Does she have to apply to both Honors and MHSP at the same time? The website states that the MHSP link is available at the bottom of the Honors college application.

Please check your portal if you’ve applied to OU. We never received an email, it was updated 6 days ago.

You should apply to MHSP (a separate application) and Honors college. if your D is a NMF, she should get a NMF scholarship package.

@grtd2010 , Thanks! Does she have to first apply to Honors, get accepted and then MHSP or Can she apply to both at the same time?

Please apply to both asap. IIRC, the interviews are sometime in March.

Thanks @grtd2010 !

@mygrad2021

1. First apply to Honors college (They used to waive writing the honors college essay if you meet certain criteria like NMS or some thing I forgot). Does it matter, just complete ASAP.
  2. MHSP another application. But if they have informed it is a link at the bottom of the Honors college app, then do that also. That will have some essay prompts.
  3. Watch whatever date they have given deadline. Honors college may have a earlier date than the MHSP (which used to be mid Jan). But earlier the better to get it done.

We can not check the MHSP app because it needs OU login details etc which they would have given to admitted students.

@mygrad2021 - Congrats. When did you apply ?

@tenseMom ,thank you! she applied before Nov 1st.

@goldenrock, for OU MHSP, can you give examples of “showing demonstrated interest in the humanities?”

Just wondering, but what is the appeal of Temple’s BS/MD program? And with the Florida BS/MD programs?

Which Florida BS/MD are you talking about?

My S’s Case Western portal got updated and asking parent’s W2 docs. Any one get the same?
Also, UPitt sent accepted message for UG, but no update on BS/MD

Did your S say yes to need based scholarship? If you are looking for need based, they might ask for W2 and other financial documents.

@NoviceDad Good morning. Wanted to check with you around what time Pitt, TCNJ , VCU, NJIT and other colleges start with the BSMD process. Thanks in advance.