Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@GoldenRock thank you very much for the response! Can you pm me as I have a couple questions about the OU program

Supposed to be Dec 1st. Not sure if the program is cancelled this year or not.

Hi,
Is there a supplemental for U Pitt sent out yet? (after the UG acceptance)
TIA

@TensedMom UPitt said that they’d send it out around mid December

Thank you @9the0girl7

It is 3:02 AM post #2167, must be really Tensedmom.

Good morning @grtd2010 :smile: :wink: ha ha. I was online for an event back home, and was checking the threads :smile:

1 Like

Its a marriage season
?

1 Like

I saw that cc is going on read only starting from tomorrow for a transition, how do we communicate with you all then if we have questions?

Welp, its long weekend so don’t expect anything significant development on applications front and certain that CC transition is not going to take week.

Hi, Anyone has any idea on the word count ? website doesn’t mention the word count and D doesnt want to end up too much or too low.
Thanks in advance.

Question About Adelphi : Below is on Adelphi website
“Get your Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree through our joint program and Accelerated Scholars Program. Our 4+4 guaranteed admission and early decision program with SUNY Upstate Medical University College allows undergraduate students who meet the requirements to be automatically accepted to medical school.”

so does that mean Joint program is different from ASP ? Do we need to apply separately ?

They have indicated the word count for the personal essay common for all undergrad applicants to be between 250-650 words but haven’t for the 3 supplemental essays. So it appears they should be fine with similar range for each of them. I feel 500 words would be more or less sufficient. But just to be sure, you can send email to the contact given there. If you don’t get any response go with a target of 500 making sure there is not much of repetition between the common essay and any of these.

They appear to be same, the wording is just confusing.

thank you @rk2017 . makes sense.

So it is 8 year program and not really accelerated ? Also it says they pick only 5 students for SUNY interview - seems like highly competitive.

Yes, they consider it as accelerated even for 8 years since students avoid potential gap years (and the trouble of filling in 30 or so med school applications). Some feeder programs I think do give the option of choosing between 7 or 8. SUNY Purchase for example. And Syracuse is supposed to start a new program with them from 2021 onwards of 7 years duration. Not sure what is going on with it with all that is happening.

They pick 5-10 students from each of the 10 or so feeders. So still one of the biggest programs out there. May be sending out acceptances to around 100.

Hi All,

I had a question about the AP scores. Do you all send AP scores to each college?

No, once you decide on the college and wants to get credits for the AP course, then you have to send the official scores to just that college.

1 Like

Welcome back everybody - let’s continue to stress out ourselves here;)
So far I heard some have received UG acceptance from NJIT, Pitt, VCU, Penn - any others?
If you applied to one of those but havent received acceptance, does that mean you are out for that program?