Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Welcome back! Anyone received any more interviews? My D got NJIT and Penn interviews so far? Any others interviews came out in last few days?

I got NJIT pretty late. I guess they sent out in rounds

@rk1235rk, Nothing other than Penn state Interview on 13th of Jan. Whatā€™s your Dā€™s statā€™s? My Sā€™s stats below.

ACT 36
SUbject Scores: Biology 790 and Math 800
GPA 3.989
National Merit Semi-Finalist and hope will be a Finalist

1 Like

My daughter received Union undergrad acceptance and they said they forwarded the application to AMC and will hear from AMC within 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Well, it may be best not to compare gpa, standardized scores and ECs at this stage. Number of other factors come into play wrt someone getting interview (and eventual selection). Like competition from oneā€™s own high school, recommendation letters and essays. And of course the invisible luck!
So while at a high level two students may have very similar credentials, no one can get a complete picture on why someone got an interview and not the other.

has SKMC already sent out two rounds of interviews for PMM or only one?

@9the0girl7 when did you receive the NJIT interview? It seems that you are in the next round.

i got the interview on Nov 24. by the time I scheduled an interview, a majority of the dates were full lol.

1 Like

Thanks, Can you share your SAT/ACT, GPA and State if possible. My S got NJIT undergrad offer, but no interview yet. He sent an email enquiring whether all the interview calls are done, but didnā€™t get any reply.

If you S did not receive notification for an interview, it may be time to move on. NJIT is not very good at informing all those who were not selected for an NJIT interview. You can call them and confirm. Comparing with others is NOT going to help but only increase the anxiety and stress.

Yep, makes sense. Thanks

@rk1235rk may i ask what date your D received Penn interviews?

@gracewins, I believe the date was Nov 16.

Hi All,

Got the NJIT interview scheduled. Any leads on how to prepare for that?

Thanks!

Is it just me?
I am finding it difficult to adjust to his new non-intuitive interface.

4 Likes

Yep, a little weird but just happy to have it back (Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one who was going through withdrawal and Iā€™m just a dad- I bet some seniors had hypertension over it!).

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope we will get used to this new interface soon and the weird feeling will be gone

This is a real example of how difficult change can be. I was so used to the cc plain/old/vanilla interface. It is really wierd using this new interfaceā€¦I was almost afraid to start posting, inspite of missing it for last several days!

Although, as I started typing, the new editor seems much better and not having to remember to tag people is so convenient :slight_smile:

Glad to see CC back . Missed it for few days.
Anyone heard from Rutgers about BS/MD ?

havenā€™t heard anything abt their BS/MD but i got accepted into their undergrad