Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I was caught cheating on a test and I was informed that all of the colleges I applied to will be notified. How will this affect my chances for BS/MD? Should I apply to a few more to be safe? What are my options going forward?

I am thinking about applying to my instate BS/MD (UIC GPPA) which is due today
 and Case Western PPSP and Oklahoma. Are there other programs that I can still apply to?

They haven’t taken it down yet but there isn’t an 8 year program anyways

My SAT is 1460 (97th percentile) and my GPA as 3.57.

Because you were caught cheating on a test, it’s really unfortunate timing sorry. You really shouldn’t have cheated at all to be honest and now I think your chances of getting admitted are probably 0 percent because it jeopardizes all your grades throughout highschool now. I’d say your only option is to either take your losses and try and get accepted to some undergraduate and get to medical school the traditional route. Personally, if I were in your situation, I’d just not apply to bs/md because the medical schools will remember your application and can cause furthur problems. Sorry man.

Yeah apply to your in state BS/MD, nothing to lose. But I doubt if you will get an interview with the stats even if the unfortunate thing didn’t happen. I hope this won’t drag down your gpa, since a 0 on the test can take your grade in the subject by one or two notches (have heard of A level students going to C ranges).

Whatever it is, don’t waste much emotional energy on it at this point and try to put your best efforts and focus on the applications.

I have added some more of my stats. Would these increase my competitiveness?

AP Scores - Biology 3 Chemistry 3 (3 is passing in college level course)

Sat Subject Tests - Math 730, Biology 690, Chemistry 710, World History 750, and Spanish 740

D got accepted to Baylor undergrad, but rejected for Baylor2Baylor program. Updates available in GoBaylor portal.

same rip

@karmayogi, when was Baylor2Baylor last date? Is it before Rice/Baylor?

Baylor2Baylor last date was Nov 2

It all depends on what kind of cheating and how is it being reported on transcript. Generally, IA aren’t reflected well for any medical school, irrespective of route. You better watch for UG admissions at this point for IA ramifications.

same here 

same. oh well, you win some and lose some. it’s still early on in the application process so fingers crossed!

No they won’t. Don’t see anything spectacular or eye catching except subject test scores in Spanish and History.

Daughter got accepted to Baylor UG with honors and invited for next steps for Baylor2Baylor program.

3 Likes

Congrats and best wishes for the next steps!

Congrats !!

My son had NJIT interview today. He had mixed feeling about it. Can you guys share your NJIT interview experience ?

congrats @MVparent.

1 Like