Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Congrats to those who got RPI/AMC supplement… @aspiringbsmd2021, @gracewins did you guys get it today?

Looks like they received an email this evening.

Nothing from RPI/AMC for my S yet. Heard from that they will send supplement during 2nd week of December. Let’s see.

Hi, yes got it around 1 today

Thank you. I got it around 3 today

wait yeah i still haven’t received a notification from baylor yet. my portal doesn’t say anything. Is anyone else facing this or have you all been notified?

check the connect and visit part. there should be a scholarship update

nope it’s not there

regarding RPI, my portal says this:
" Please note there is no solid notification date for applicants to the accelerated medical program."

since i havent received an official rejection thing like baylor, im holding out hope that they send it out in rounds loll

we got this tho!! good luck to everyone :))

click on Connect and Visit.
scroll down a bit and it should say " SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS YOU’VE APPLIED FOR "
click on that and it’ll tell ya

Congratulations @aspiringbsmd2021 @gracewins
All the very best.

@sooar78

I have seen a few teens under pressure make errors like you did.
Question is - are you repentant of what you did and vowed to never do it again? You do not have to answer to anyone of us here but to yourself.

If that episode does not change your behavior, I think medicine may not the be the right profession for you. Integrity is valued in all professions but at a much higher level in the miedical profession.

But, if you have changed your behavior, it may make sense for you and your parents to have a conversation with the school principal. Work out a plan where they see you changed behavior. And in return they may drop notifying colleges about your cheating.

Aside from that, your scores are not competitive for BS/MD programs.
SAT >=1540 seems to be the lower end of the competitive range.

Someone asked about NJIT. I believe they are interviewing next whole week. My son only got 3 days of notice between their notification email and interview date. So hang in there guys, you may still hear from NJIT.

Congrats!

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Congratulations !!!

For RPI/Union, did supplement application notification came via email or you had to log into their portal to check in the status.

When applying to ‘Scholars for Medicine program’ with Stony Brook University, do you have to first submit regular undergrad application through common app or coalition and then submit any supplemental applications using the Stony Brook portal?
Will the portal display corresponding supplemental questions based upon your choices in the main application?

For finalists in the program, the portal says that penn state has sent our applications to SKMC and further contact will be with them. Its possible there are a few spots for interviews left and SKMC is trying to fill them, so there is hope.

2 Likes

My interview with them is coming up? How did it go for your son?