Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@Vicky2019 - Thank you. But now I am confused. Are you saying there is an interview with RPI? and then there is an interview with AMC? Where does AMC supplement fit in this? Can you please explain RPI/AMC process little bit clearly?

Also @aspiringbsmd2021, @gracewins, any idea when your child submitted RPI application? Was it early? Their deadline was Nov 1. My D submitted on Oct 24 and has not received any communication so far.

I have just signed up on Collegeconfidential and Testing to see if my post shows up. This forum has been educational and thank you for taking the time share useful information.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. There is no interview with RPI. RPI shortlists the candidates and sends to AMC. I am assuming that AMC further screens and selects a few students to fill out the AMC supplement.

Once they receive the supplements, AMC sends interview invites to a few students.

At the interview stage, students get screened once more.

The final list of students get notified that they are accepted or rejected!

1 Like

You are in NJ. Just call NJIT Honors and find out. Not everyone will be called for an NJIT screening interview.

@rk1235rk
RPI may still forward the application to AMC. Has your child done any research during high school. This is more like MD/PhD(MSTP) screening with emphasis on exposure to research. If one gets the supplement from AMC, the next step may be an interview with AMC. No interview at RPI.

@TensedMom Call PSU and confirm the status. Usually no email communication is sent if not selected for an interview because of sheer volume.
CC update is silly. One can not post more than 3 replies consecutively.
See you later.

I love not receiving any interview invite yet :slight_smile:

I am secretly having a mental breakdown at every hour of the day checking my emails

1 Like

did penn state send email or physical letters for the interview invites? I heard that we should have received a decision by mid-december, so might it be too early to worry?

Does anybody feel the invites are sent out earlier this year, comparing to last year? Common wisdom would say later, but so many seem to have received some invites already

can someone give a pointer: is njit interview panel or one-on-one?

@eflasf12, my daughter had only one but heard few students had panel too.

NJIT interview for my son was with Dean of college, So 1 to 1

i received an interview request, but it was from someone who doesn’t even have a med background? they didn’t even go to njit

Those who got supplement app from RPI, can they please share when they applied to RPI? We were hoping for an interview from there but no response as of now. My son applied on 15th of November.

Don’t worry about that. Mu daughter had interview with the deam of honors college too. He was from history background.

1 Like

ok, thank you so much!

isn’t the deadline nov 1?

My son’s was with an AO; strange!

Sorry, I meant to say my son applied to RPI on Ist of November. Wondering when others applied who got into next step.

Did anyone heard anything from Rochester?

1 Like