Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Please call NJIT Honors and someone can answer all your queries. No one here will know the answer for sure.

No one should hold any expectation about any BSMD program. This whole process is a crapshoot.

I totally agree with you! Thanks @grtd2010

1 Like

Please stop reading this thread for a few days to reduce your stress level. None of these posts will increase your chances of getting an interview.
You can always apply via regular MD route as 95% those selected to a medical school do.

1 Like

when do we hear back from the other NJMS feeders like TCNJ, Drew, and Stevens?

Attending PSU(PMM) may not be a great deal for an OOS applicant,IMO. For PA resident, it is a better option.

Other feeders will start communication soon- Dec, Jan and Feb. NJMS does interviews in March too.

@fountainpens17

Hmm … Hope that is not true. If however turns out so, looks like they showed an urgency in interview selections this time around, not sure why.

By the way not big difference between in state and OOS financially as being claimed.

Difference of about 50k for 3 years and the med school is private anyway. Also heard students with lot of AP and similar credits and finishing course load early and doing research for which they are not charged. (Find out if and when you get to that point).

The 50k difference in BA or BS at PSU(PMM only, no SKMC) for OOS will pay for room and board at his/her own state university or another college with full-tuition scholarship. Research is free at any major university unless take for a credit. UGs are also hired as Research Assistant(RA) during summer and may continue be a RA during the regular school year.

NJIT interviews:
We have seen NJIT being represented by 1, 2 or 3 people during interviews.

PennState/SKMC:
Looks like PennState changed its process this year or probably had a glitch that caused interview invites to be sent that early.
The fact that different people are getting different answers means something has broken in this cycle.
For example, When I reached out to Dr. Markle and Ms. Holmes, I was told invites will go out till Dec 21.

Remember, in the BS/MD process, you win a few, you lose many.

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I applied around October 31st the day before the deadline. I still have not heard anything from NJIT apart from undergrad acceptance.

just emailed my counselor psu, she said "All of the interview invitations have gone out. " i don’t think they’ll let us know about rejections for a while

anyone hear from BU yet or know when it is coming out?

Finally all recommendation letters sent to BU showing up on the portal. Took them a month for this!

That could be bad news, I guess, perhaps bcoz of record number of applications?

They said (in email) they are having some technical difficulty with documents not showing up on portal. But more applicants is also a possibility as they have gone test optional for the program this cycle.

No Idea. Anyone knows when were applicants notified during last cycle?

Does anyone know when GW notifies applicants as well?

don’t know when but “Finalists for these programs will be contacted by BU Admissions via telephone to schedule a mandatory interview. All finalists must interview virtually.”

SKMC contacted me asking me to confirm my interview date. After checking my PSU portal at the same time, I saw that it had updated to show that PSU sent my app to SKMC.

1 Like