Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

My s is waiting to hear from RPI/AMC. Those who got supplements from AMC, can they share their SAT scores? My S has every thing else but his SAT is 1530 - super score -1550. I wonder if this SAT score is the reason for not getting the supplement.

1570 SAT, 35 ACT, 800 SAT Math II, 780 SAT Chem

I haven’t heard back from RPI either, so I think your son is fine.

Thanks !!

Is the supplement separate from the 1-2 page essay? Perhaps RPI/AMC is sending the supplements out on a rolling basis.

Some user above emailed RPI and they stated they are just getting through applications, so they are being rolled out in phases

1 Like

@Vicky2019

I guess you meant last cycle, Jan 14th this year (2020) :blush:, we are still in 2020. I know time flies so fast and may seem the most recent cycle is the past already.

Yeah, also want to add, the AP policies vary from school to school and between the programs within the same school. For example, while BU allows AP credits for all BCPM with scores of 5 (and may be even 4s for some) for traditional pre med route*, they don’t for the students of SMED even as most of them have 5s and 800s in subject tests. Only Calc, Stat and Comp Sci are allowed among sciences.

“*” Though they advise students to do the course work in these areas but don’t force to take them or higher level courses. Since their courses are supposedly of greater rigor than AP level and lay solid ground for MCAT preparation and subsequent for traditional route.

1 Like

@rk2017 - Yes, I agree with your observation about the AP policies varying from school to school.

I also agree with your earlier comment that AP policies in no way should dictate what bs/md program one should select.

Ideally students should be open until they have a list of admissions in hand. And, then decide where to accept.

BSMD admissions are totally unpredictable and ultra competitive. You can’t predict anything.

1 Like

nope!

just checking, no word on pitt gap yet right? last year it seemed ppl got notified around the 5th

Early decision notification around Dec 5th and Early action around Dec 15th.
Rolling around Dec 15th

Tuition will always be the same, regardless of the number of courses. The tuition paid to Union also covers the MS from Clarkson University, but students have to pay for the extra 4 MBA courses (if they want to get the MBA).

1 Like

Hi current BU SMED applicant here. Do people know when BU lets them know that they are advancing for interviews? Of so can someone please let me know? Thanks!

based on last year, mid-January, they will call applicants who are moving forward in the process

2 Likes

From our FAFSA calculation, we know we wont get any financial aid . Some colleges are asking for CSS profile . Do we have to complete it? will your application be marked incomplete if you dont submit CSS?

1 Like

Anyone know the when TCNJ gives out interviews? How many people get TCNJ interview total and how many apply roughly?

1 Like

@highschoolinnj
If you applied for any scholarships (including merit based) and if that college requires you to fill out CSS, please do.
Otherwise, let the college know that you will not be applying for Financial Aid and will not fill out the CSS.

1 Like

@BingIsUnderRated
Usually in the first 2 weeks of January.
They will call.

If you are not selected, there will be radio silence.

1 Like

@highschoolinnj
Usually if you are not applying for any financial aid ( i.e. you are a full-pay), there is no need to file a FAFSA or CSS. Usually admission decisions should be made independent of it. Usually merit scholarships do not need any financial information from parents and/or child. It is always prudent to call the schools for their requirements. Please do your own due diligence and do not rely on posts on any website. FYI, Rutgers or NJIT does not need FAFSA for awarding merit scholarships based on past experience.

Please call the college and ask if they need a CSS to be filed( it is a requirement for admission consideration).

Good morning All.
Have a question on Union/AMC supplemental.
Can we use the material from the common app essay?