Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

So no updates from RPI/AMC, should we consider no-go?

yes but we also knew someone who got in without research two years back. RPI/AMC is rolling so it’s not over yet. It is only beginning of December

1 Like

Last year posts have supplements coming in late December also.

people had been recieving pitt supps alr by this time last year. wonder why its taking longer. or maybe they’ve alr sent out?

The AMC process is rolling I would not worry if you do not have the supplementals. Even for the interview process it is rolling. I understand that the interview is remote. I conducted a remote interview so I understand the process. The supplementals should be conducted with caution because that is what AMC mostly reads. Please let me know if you have questions.

thanks… at the risk of sounding naive, what does AMC supplement include, bunch of essays or something else too?

3 essays from what I remember and each about 1000 characters

other than the actual interview questions, can you elaborate on what else is considered in a remote interview? like behaviors , setting etc

Were you be interviewee or interviewer?

Supplement is not accessible at this time only after 5pm today

University of Rochester just emailed about submitting a peer rec. Application was due 11/15, so will adding a peer rec now mark the application as late? My application may have already been reviewed, so is it even worth submitting?

Same. It’s so weird, I got accepted for a baylor2baylor interview but was just rejected from pmm but accepted into undergrad. So weird bc baylor seems more competitive. Shows how much of a crapshoot this is. Oh well, it’s still early in the process!

My son got peer review email on 16th of Nov and it was mentioned that last day to submit the peer review was 15th nov. Similar situation at yours

But Balylor2Baylor has two rounds, and the first round of interviews are usually with the local admission counselor and not the med school. I think the second round is much more competitive. My D has the first round interview coming up too. Hope you both get to round 2! Good luck!

oh, do you know how many people are accepted for baylor’s first round?

@BGKYMom - Phew ! Thanks. Same here. UG Acceptance and honors application on the website.

Peer review seems optional for undergrad.

Its over 150 I believe. Second round 25 or so, and final selection of about 5.

1 Like

Congratulations & Good Luck! Still waiting

Has anyone received any communication from SUNY Upstate regrading supplemental or interviews?