Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@Shanmuga20
got a couple of SUNY feeder supplements. If feeders forward it to Upstate, is there a SUNY Upstate supplement also?

Hofstra applicants- Did anyone got the UG admission decision and/or supplement for 4+4?

I did not receive any communication, but they have activated 4+4 supplement in the portal with two essays.

Their website says-
“In January, the Hofstra 4+4 Program: BS-BA/MD Application Supplement will be available in the my.hofstra portal for admitted students who have demonstrated the academic qualifications to be eligible for the program and students must submit their completed 4+4 Supplemental Application by January 15.”

@love4bsmd - No communications on anything from HOFSTRA.
I do see the 4+4 supplement too.

Did they add it just today ?

I see that it is available today.

Yes, I believe they added it today. EA1 decisions should be around Dec 15th. May be they are making those decisions now and some scheduled process updated the portal. I will sit tight until they inform. And there is lot of time to handle supplement. First priority is tomorrow’s CASPer.

1 Like

Yes. My S received supplement from SUNY Polytechnic institute in 3rd week of Nov with submission date of Nov 30th.

1 Like

Hi @brookiekk and other who asked about Rice and Baylor,
Baylor med school receives significant TX state funding and med school admission from both B2B and R2B prefers 11 TX students. 1 or 2 students per year from other state may get in. It is not worth the time to go through full process to learn that mostly TX kids get in. GWU does offer excellent merit scholarship for BS/MD or BS students. We weren’t impressed with Baylor undergrad program & WACO Tx.

Same for us for SUNY Poly. and RIT was due on Dec 6th.
Adelphi will be doing interviews for the program before making the decision to forward or not.

Thank you for sharing. This is helpful.

In addition, my S also applied through Adelphi and Purchase. He only got supplement through Polytechnic. He got admitted for UG in Adelphi though.

same here, my son also got a few feeder supplements but no word from SUNY yet.

Which feeders did you apply? My son applied to RIT and Albany college of Pharmacy.

Did anyone hear back on supplements from Albany or Purchase?

We have not heard from Purchase either

My son also got accepted to the Adelphi UG program and an email stating that he has been automatically accepted into their honors program and does not have to interview. Are you referring to the interview for the honors program or is there an interview for the SUNY program?

My daughter received undergrad admission for University at Albany and they said she come will hear about SUNY in early January.

1 Like

Thanks,
ok, No supplement for Albany/upstate then?

I was referring to Adelphi interview for SUNY Upstate program.

Yes no supplement till January from UatAlbany

1 Like

Did you get an email about this interview from Adelphi?

My son received an invitation to interview for Hons program at Adelphi. He is scheduled for Jan beginning.

1 Like