Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I didn’t get a phone call. I got an email from them. When should we expect to get this supplement?

How many kids received the email?

theres no preference for NJMS
i asked the dean 2 yr ago and he said it could be 50-50 or tilt in favor of instate OR oos

1 Like

We got the email too for ACPHS forwarding to Upstate.
Look out for the email. it may be tonight or tomorrow as they are due on December 15th.

1 Like

@myhouse1 Be careful on social media.

Thanks. I was just curious.

What’s the CASPer Snapshot and do I need to do it? It shows as optional but not sure if not doing it will negatively impact my application. It says I can take it up to 10 days after my exam date (which I just finished). I’ve never heard of it until now.

@mom2boys1999 - I totally agree.

IMO, there is no point in taking coaching or asking exam questions? This test is completely different from facts based tests like SAT/ACT etc.

Casper is medical ethics based testing. So, using unethical means for prep is against the purpose!

3 Likes

Welcome to field for medicine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Has anyone Applied to Rutger-Newark? My son got an email that next level decisions will be out from 16th-18th December.

They told my son that he will get supllment in a day or so

1 Like

@myhouse1 -

colleges with Jan 1 deadlines will look at 12th grade 1st semester transcript for decision consideration.

IMO - For colleges with early deadlines in Nov, since they already screened based on GPA/test scores etc… and selected for next level such as interviews etc…GPA will longer matters, since any further selection depends on the interview performance!

Has anyone heard anything about being recommended to SUNY Upstate from other feeder schools other than ACPHS? Anyone hear anything from Syracuse or RIT?

DS got his second acceptance, from a T5 research school today thru traditional path. I will give full summary at the end of the cycle. As I said before here, all the kids (and parents) who are applying for BSMD, don’t be discouraged by ups and downs of the BSMD cycle. Only small fraction is thru BSMD and you all will do fine whether you go to medical school thru BSMD or traditional path.

6 Likes

wow, congrats srk2017

Does anyone know about the time line for the University of Rochester REMS. My DD has submitted her application, and had an informal interview. When do they inform about next steps?

Wow! Congratulations to your S and the proud family @srk2017

The below is directly from U Of R REMS program website -

“You will be notified of your finalist/non-finalist status in January. Finalists must interview with the School of Medicine and Dentistry. Interviews take place in February. Your final REMS decision will be sent by April.”

@srk2017 Congratulations to your S and the proud family. So wonderful to see kids doing so well going the traditional way.

Kiddo got in Hofstra UG.

1 Like