Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

mine has changed to biological sciences

Where did you see that?

@mygrad2021. - on the dashboard - Admissions tab - it shows that.

@mygrad2021 @TensedMom Is biological science what your child applied as a major ? It is not same as pre-medicine. Go figure out the implication or call the admission office on Monday morning.

@grtd2010 - i looked at the pdf from common app, this is what I see: Intended Field of
Study
Pre-Medicine

and right now, it change from undeclared to Pre-medicine.

@grtd2010 - is it good or bad that it changed to pre-medicine and not biology ?

We get a PMM rejection , but got UG acceptence as Pre-medicine.

trying to connect the dots :frowning:

the change in the portal just reflects what major u put down I think. mine has changed to pre med as well. congrats on the gap invite @dcsaisr. do we know if they have already sent out all the supps?

yes, on the 10th.

Did your major change from Undecided too ?

IDK why, but the UPitt portal has not been working for me. Anyone else experiencing technical issues?

it works fine for me.

Congratulations!!! Great to hear and happy for you.

Question, Received a letter or e-mail? Did you see any update in your portal? Please let me know.

1 Like

My son got a call on 10th from ACHS.

My son got the email stating he is admitted to pittsburg Undergrad but no word on supplement. How many got supplements from pittsburg?

Those who did not get supplement from Pittsburg, should they assume that Pitts BSMD is not an option for them?

1 Like

Looks like @mom2boys1999 is a very good applicant with a Stanford acceptance. I saw that you were applying to UIC bsmd (instate only) while being a florida resident. How is this possible? Does it have to do with Native American or military status? Good luck to you and hope you get BS/MD. You really deserve it!!!

I was accepted to my instate safety of University Illinois at Chicago and have also received my greencard recently. Looks like things are going well!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

your 5 years citizenship clock is now ticking
 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

and we can start bird in hand discussions :blush:

3 Likes

@Sooar78
He didn’t apply to UIC.

For BSMD He applied to:
Temple
Drexel
UPITT (accepted UG)
Hofstra (accepted UG)
VCU (accepted UG)
BU
Case
GW
Brown
URochester
FAU (accepted UG)

He did shotgun most of the Ivies- I think it is an ego thing, trying to see what would happen. His tribe pays his application fees so he just had to do the work, the cost was covered. He has spent A LOT of time writing essays.

He is very grateful for this bird in his hand , lol