Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@love4bsmd Thank you. Is your daughter accepted to their honors program or is this interview for that? I know Adelphi has an interview for the honors program so wondering if they are combining the two.

Congratulations!

@Highschoolinnj - Congratulations!

@ bsmdapplicant123 - Wow! thats a lot of hard work. Good for you

They are two separate interviews. We did not choose the honors on the application (don’t remember if it was an option). However Adelphi pursued it and did honors interview last week and was accepted into it.

we are doing the same. No standalone UG schools applied (except one). My DC is 200% certain on pursuing medicine and applied only to BSMD schools. And, some of them are schools that we will be happy to attend for pre-med with out spending too much on tuition at prestigious UG schools.

Thanks to the folks on this forum, we were easily able to make that decision after having quite a few prestige schools on the list earlier.

1 Like

I believe so. Submitted CA on Nov 8th for Hofstra.

Congratulations . My D also got into Hofstra UG with $25, 400 scholarship.

1 Like

received pitt letter

1 Like

on a Sunday?

idk when it came, i only checked the letter today

edit: said 12/8 on letter

Congratulations and I am happy for you. Do you see when they mailed it?

D got into UG of Drexel. BS/MD is still in review.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! UG acceptance by email or update in the portal?

@RG1972 - if this question is for me, then it is on the portal.

1 Like

@Geek13

My son is a lot like @bsmdapplicant123 in that they are both applying to numerous schools.

Multitude of reasons- we are a military family so he doesn’t have a “home” he is particularly connected to and therefore has a broad geographical area of interest. He applied to some schools to see what happens (Harvard), he applied to some because he truly loved them and would be happy there. For him, many of the BSMD program schools are only attractive for the program and he isn’t keen on attending for traditional ug.

Financially it isn’t a burden as his education costs are covered and some of that coverage extends to college. He is in a very privileged place, of which he is aware. But he has hustled to be competitive and we support his drive. If he was willing to write the essays, then good on him and let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

@TensedMom
Thanks. Just had a look at the portal and my S also got an acceptance for UG with 25k scholarship. BS/MD application is in review status still.

1 Like

Congrats to students who got admitted to Hofstra UG. The scholarship amounts being mentioned - like $25000 or $30000 - is that per year or total for 4 years?

got letter from upitt

2 Likes

@rk1235rk:
Reg Hofstra scholarship- Its per year $30.5k for a total of 122K for 4 years. Their tuition is also a bit high around $48k or so.

Hofstra University Presidential Scholars: Award Range: $29,000 - $30,500 per year. They do have quite a few merit scholarships, which can be found on their website.

1 Like