Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Is this reflected in the ACPHS portal?

@Spectre1101
No change on the portal , not even the UG status. ACPHS either sent emails or called on Dec 10th.

" ACPHS has recommended you to SUNY Upstate Medical University for our eight-year BS/MD Upstate Accelerated Scholars program."

“A formal notification regarding admission for your ACPHS undergraduate degree will be forthcoming in January.”

Hofstra merit is in the admission letter received. Ours is dated with Dec 15th, but already received on Dec 12th. Seems they have dropped some of those in mail earlier. You may get in a day or two.

My Daughter applied to the UAB EMSAP program. I don’t think you hear anything about the selection for interview until January.

My son’s situation is similar to yours. He is applying to 22-23 schools. He has few IVy’s and top premed in his list also. He wants to make sure he is getting a good undergrad experience otherwise he will go traditional path.

2 Likes

I sent an email to ACPHS asking about not getting the email from SUNY Upstate about the supplement, and they said they will send an update later today about why a lot of applicants did not receive the email with the supplement yet.

Also, we have 5 days to submit the supplement once we receive it, so it is not due tomorrow.

can someone comment on if it makes a difference in the amount of scholarship you receive if you apply in EA 1 or EA 2? Will they distribute funds to both EA 1, EA 2 and RD students or given preference to EA 1?

@Geek13

Good luck to your son!!

Anyone called office for Pitt ? When I called, they said, they cannot give more info until a letter comes in or doesn’t come int :frowning:

Did anyone receive TCNJ interview ? Not sure if they started the interview process yet … Thanks

My kid withdrew his app to TCNJ. He saw all those essays and said NOPE. Lol. He will write for 29 schools but balked at that many for one school

We received that cute email regarding acceptance at U of Pittsburgh but did not get any admission packet in USPS . It has been atleast 2 weeks since we got the email. Waiting for the admissions packet and the letter regarding GAP supplemental.

you are savage even to compare TCNJ with Stanford… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

TCNJ will send the interview invites last week of December, if the following the schedule from last year.

1 Like

can parents call the admission offices or do they prefer only students calling them?

Good question, I wonder the same. Usually my D calls to office if there is a need. I have not called ever but I wonder if it is ok for a parent to call.

All, My penn state portal still says under review. Are they done with PMM selection or there is still some hope?

usually my D calls. but these days - with work load etc. I called a couple of times, and they were happy to answer my call.

No, an email was send to my D by the admission office at ACPHS.