Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

We got the Pittsburgh acceptance letter in USPS today. Does the scholarship info come separately or do OOS applicants not given any merit scholarship.
I am asking because Adelphi and Hofstra gave 30K + scholarships but UPittsburgh letter did not have any info on $.

@InspiredMD, @highschooler1, @HopefulBSMDMom

TCNJ - Did you also submit the ā€˜get to know you betterā€™ form also ?

We are OOS and my S submitted the above form. Didnā€™t get the call yet.

Wondering if this form is used in lieu of the interview.

yes, we did.

My S received an email for UPittā€™s UG acceptance and I donā€™t remember that we received letter for that.
Today we received a letter for scholarship. May be you will receive separate letter for your scholarship. You can find your scholarship info in your portal. They first updated scholarship information in the portal. Please check it out

I did submit the get to know you better form, but I have not yet received a call.

Havent filled the form

Are you saying people who didnā€™t fill the ā€œget to know you betterā€ section received the interview? My daughter completed that section too and didnā€™t receive any call yet and weā€™re OOS.

I didnā€™t fill in the ā€œget to know youā€ section and received an interview. Honestly, Iā€™m not sure it made much of a difference.

Thanks @InspireTruth! Itā€™s hard to find out. So far, I see only 2 got the call and both are from instate. Not sure if @TensedMom filled that section. Anyone from OOS received the call yet?

Just received an email for Pitt GAP application

1 Like

@Mygrad2021 - No. We did not fill the optional Get to know you.

Congratulations @highschooler1 . Did you also receive a snail mail ?

Yes, I got something through USPS as well.

All TCNJ (or any other bsmd) applicants- Please do not try to understand/analyze why someone receives/not receives interview calls (or admissions) to any of these programs! Its waste of your brain CPU :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

My son got a mail about undergrad admission to Pitt. There is no mention of supplement of Gap. Are you guys getting Info from Gap program or supplement from Pitts? I am so confused. Will appreciate your help.

Neuroticism at its bestā€¦

1 Like

Thanks!

I agree!

1 Like

I got a letter stating my eligibility to apply to GAP a couple days back. Does anyone know the number of seats and acceptance rate for the Pitt BS/MD?

Congratulations!!! Heard that the GAP invite for students who got 36 in ACT. 1600 on SAT and 4.0 GPA. Is that correct?