Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

No, nothing yet

check Number 3 under “what is the admissions process”

Did you get supplements and submitted them on 6th of December?

Yes, received some time at the end of November and submission deadline was Dec 6

So even though you were ED, they followed the same times as regular decision. I do think you will get preference because you are committed to RIT no matter what.

@breadrolls7

congratulations !!

PLME is a top BS MD program. Did you apply for other programs too?

Who was ED to RIT?

i applied to penn state and BU, and actually just got Pitt’s GAP email a couple hours before my brown decision (dec 17) even though people had already gotten mail and email a while earlier. I was a finalist for penn state as well

Will you withdraw from other schools?

I thought you applied ED for RIT. Sorry about that.

Congrats! You meant Penn State BSMD made decisions already?

Is Penn State under review for anyone else? I don’t even know what to expect anymore.

Penn State has notified all finalists and finished the process on their hand. SKMC is in charge of the process now - BSMD interviews are on Jan 13.

Rutgers accepted applications - any information on scholarships ?

Hi everyone! I was recently rejected from Penn/SKMC but accepted undergrad. I also got supplements for RPI, but I was wondering if PSU is worth undergrad (if I don’t get into RPI). What do people think about Penn State for the traditional, pre-med path?

General rule of thumb for pre-med. Go with the school where you can maintain GPA with minimal cost, provided you don’t have interest in any other field like engineering, business etc
 where a top ranked school make a big difference should you change your mind from medicine. For traditional route, one does UG in Photogrpahy or CS, it is irrelevant to medical school, all they want is you have met prerequisite courses, AMCAS core competencies and school mission.

1 Like

For those who applied to Union/AMC and received supplemental application, how much scholarship was received?

Are you a PA resident ? If yes, PSU(PMM major) may be ok but not for non-resident. For regular pre-med, your state university should do. You should try to get the maximum possible UG GPA.

My D received $20,000. It’s still too expensive.

Brown ED acceptance means he/she has to attend Brown unless one can show some acceptable reason to Brown University. Logically one should withdraw all other applications.