Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@Shanmuga20
my kid doesn’t have the payment link either but received that email about application being forwarded

i was invited for an interview but will withdraw all applications now ofc

Are you a PA resident?

I received 25k per year as well which is the highest they give.

Is Upstate doing rolling interviews, or one shot today and done?

With a billion dollar annual research budget, Penn State is a great place to be in for traditional route. Also many other areas like business, finance, economics, sciences and engineering are top notch (never mind what some rankings website may say), in case one decides to change tracks later for whatever reason(s). Depending on the number of AP/IBs you have done, may be able to finish the course work in 3 years too, thereby reducing your expenses and immerse the 4th year on campus for research credits to strengthen your med school applications, which they may not charge you for (find out before deciding).

However being a state school, they won’t give much price breaks to attract top caliber OOS students like private institutions do (RPI for example, which is also a wonderful school for traditional route by the way). So you need to see the price difference between your in state school, where you may even get a free ride, and these institutions which may give some breaks but not a lot, and see how comfortable your family will be with that difference. Since you may have to spend on medical school again in a few years.

We live close to RIT and we like this college for Engineering options. I was not sure about medical path though for normal UG path. There direct medical program is only couple of years old and no hospital near by to shadow doctors or do volunteer work.

Hi did you submit both ACT and SAT scores as I have SAT 1580 and ACT 35 (36R, 36W, 35M, 34S, But in science is 34) so was only submitting SAT. Do you guys think I should submit both of the test scores for all RD application UG and Brown PLME or just SAT. Thank you.

Congratulations!!!

same here waiting. Probably they sent the emails only to those who were forwarded to upstate may be.

Does anyone know if Pitt requires or prefers the academic recommender be a science teacher?

Welp, looks like I didn’t get a Rutgers BA/MD interview invite.

Anyone else get one?

1 Like

There’s still the rest of the day for Rutgers to come out, but keep in mind that if you have interviewed and been forwarded to NJMS by any other feeder (TCNJ, NJIT, Drew, Stevens etc.) it doesn’t really matter. NJMS only conducts one interview. The goal of the first stage is to simply get forwarded. The goal of the second stage is to do well on the NJMS interview and get into the program.

Can you still apply to Brown PLME ? Anyone know?

Just submit (or self report) SAT.

Thanks!

Did you get a rejection or just did not receive one?

@doctorpenguin

Did you receive the supplemental from SUNY Upstate?

For RIT as your feeder?

We haven’t got anything yet.