Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

We got the same email about HLLC. How do we add Rutgers New Brunswick on rutgers newark application ?

Among the 3, USF is a much better choice, especially if it economical also.

In general avoid to get in to MD out of desperation at this stage (ex: Caribbean, DO, Seton etc if you are decent in academic, ready to work hard and put the efforts. After the regular MD router one cycle, if it did not work out then consider any option).

Person at RIT.

My son’s friend got interview invite from Saint Bonaventure today. No word for us though.

Not sure. We are OOS from NJ so will not be applying. Maybe go to your application portal and add it if you can. If not, maybe email the admissions person?

Same

congrats!

Experts what is the acceptance rate for case PPSAP program ?

I assume they get north of 2000 Applications and how many they invite for interview and select how many ?? seems to be expensive but a very good program any recommendation will be appreciated .

Child has EA non binding admission to a Ivy with no scholarship and currently pusuing only T40 med school BS MD programs and PPSAP is one of them

1 Like

Are they still sending invites or is it done?

I think SLU and Seton Hall have relatively higher GPA requirements of 3.65 or north of 3.65 compared to most BS/MD programs. My son had attended SLU’s information session on Med Scholars program. It seems like a very well structured program for someone to prepare for med school both inside SLU and outside. SKU recruits lots of students and most get filtered out in the first couple of years for one reason or the other. You may want to talk to someone who is in this program. Good luck

Do you know if they are doing in-person interviews this year? Or only virtual?

Pitt initial email said they will only send supplements to top 1% and looks like they followed it. No holistic approach, brutal. D has 36 ACT, but not in 1% since she picked 8 healthcare classes which were not AP’s and attends a very competitive school.

One always has regular route MD option with better options and chances.

Is dermatology the top choice among medical school students ? Not.
USLME Step 1 score is no longer a decider for the residency selection ( P/F). So good for MS1 and MS2 now, not to focus on USLME Step 1 any more.

There are no guaranteed BSMD programs by definition since all of them have pre-conditions for matriculation to medical school. It all depends on your risk profile. If you have a zero risk appetite, how are you dealing with this pandemic with a high risk of catching the infection.

1 Like

@grtd2010

I agree risk averse join BS md but there is no guaranteed and some programs have a very high GPA requirements of 3.75 during undergrad. I saw past threads with UPitt one of them. Got to be good with science classes like Orgo 

Derm is definitely one of the top choices. The response was to a comment that “DOs don’t find or hard to find residency match” which is factually incorrect.

@sam2023
CASE PPSP:
Case gives offers to about 20 students.
If I remember correctly about 60-80 students are called for interview.

@doctorpenguin - Sorry to hear that however, this happens quiet a bit in BS/MD admissions. Colleges don’t select students who have a strong profile because they feel the student would end up selecting CWRU or BU or U of Rochester or Rice/Baylor

Most interviews are announced in January so, I wouldn’t worry from now!