Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Yes, glad that two other schools recommended DC to Upstate. If we had a choice for pick-your-own-feeder would have gone with Adelphi for its location.

Are you from NY? Is your preference for Adelphi due to proximity to your residence or location of college itself or due to medicine-related opportunities nearby? Are you ok sharing @love4bsmd?

Thanks! Though it’s the highest scholarship for any OOS student, it’s not much useful as it doesn’t cover any tuition. Tuition is still $42,000 but definitely helps for other costs.

Makes sense. Still good chances.

Love it! Intentionally did not specify it in the original post.
But because, you are interested and we are sharing everything here I’ve decided to answer that.

And the answer is BOTH :smiley:

Yes, looks like it would still cost 27,500 roughly. Wow. Not even half. But oh well. If she gets in we will just sell an organ :joy:

You completed the Supplemental and then received the Interview Invite for W&J/Temple?

It’s so confusing! Honestly we don’t know even if they get in to these type of undergraduates without much scholarships, it’s worth to spend that much for undergrad. We noticed Union even after the scholarships it costs more than $200K just for undergrad and without any guarantee that they will successfully be moving to Medical school.

We’re just praying God and postponing all those decisions to April to have some peace of mind.

My D just received an email from NJIT that her application has been forwarded to NJMS.

1 Like

we also just received this!

2 Likes

ALso rec’d this!

2 Likes

UAlbany OOS tuition is about 25K. Instate about 7K+. You probably quoting CoA including R&B.

with 15K in scholarship, if one has Upstate acceptance should happily take it!

1 Like

Get used to carrot for UG. :slightly_smiling_face:

How many students from your NJ high school applied to TCNJ/NJMS ? It seems NJMS may have a unspoken limit on BSMD students interviewed/selected from each NJ high school.

Could you please share how/why you zeroed in on these schools as backup? we are also considering USF as a backup due to scholarship and research/shadowing opportunities but have no idea about the other two.

1 Like

D is doing a double major in CS and Neuroscience (Cellular and Molecular Biology).
If your child has an inclination for Engineering or CS, let child major in it. Take medical school pre-requisites and try regular route MD.

Is CS major won’t be killing along with Neuroscience and ECs for Medical? I know your daughter successfully graduated to Medical school but just curious.

LOL
I like to have dangling carrot in front rather than not having any!

On the heels of an email that said no recommendation for Upstate, received an USPS mail from Adelphi offering presidential merit (28K) and honors (3k) for a total of 31K/year. Tuition at Adelphi is 40K. There is always something to cheer about!

lol, Congrats!

25k is for one semester