Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I’ve two girls. D1 went to bsmd and is MS1. D2 is now applying. D1 advised D2 to reconsider bsmd if step1 becoming p/f will hurt chances of good residency. D2 decided to stay the course on bsmd. Hope that helps, sorry for any confusion caused.

Thank you for sharing. We didn’t get offered Honors yet. I’ll post if it changes.

I thought all SUNY except for Syracuse are 4+4

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Do you know if the interview is going to be on campus too?

Hi everyone,
I’m a current student at the University of Rochester in the BS/MD program (I applied to REMS a few cycles ago). I was also accepted to RPI/AMC. I remember how stressful it was at that time, so I would love to answer any questions as interview season gets started! Keep in mind that the process will be different this year due to COVID and that my advice is based only on my own experiences.

4 Likes

received same email too. Disappointed

D received temple UG with honors. 18K scholarship. We are OOS. Waiting to hear on next steps

We only received UG admission and $14k scholarship (no Honors) snd were admitted Dec.9th. Did y’all get admission decision earlier? Not sure if scholarship amount and bsmd consideration are related.

I didn’t apply, sorry. Just remembered that they offered full tuition to NM when researching schools last year.

The parent of the one with Duke admittance did confirm that he/she chose RPI/AMC.

Parent of another also with Duke and UPenn admissions said their C turned down Duke in preference to UPenn initially and then picked GW BS/MD in preference to UPenn but was leaning towards REMS when was picked from wait list I believe. Didn’t confirm the final choice.

The MIT one didn’t share where he/she was heading to finally.

1 Like

Daughter received scholarship email from Stony Brook. No Honors (WISE for her) or BS/MD decision yet.

Happy Holidays to everyone !!!

Congratulations! What kind of scholarships they give?

@mygrad2021

She got 16K/yr Presidential.

Got one for my son surprised he did not receive National merit scholarship though! Web site says given for all semi finalists; any one got this ?

my D missed 1 index point, so she didn’t get that. Maybe your son should reach out to FA office or admission counselor to make sure.

Thank you

Congratulations! I think they change that later once they become finalist.

Congratulations!!

Thanks. Still need a little bit more to make it affordable but we are still early and hoping for BS/MD invite.