Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I believe someone from this group was forwarded from RIT. My s has applied and we are waiting to hear back. I was told that they will let everyone know in next 3 weeks

yes

Any work from AMC? We submitted supplemental but no word since then

Sure, but Cincy restarting a program next year does nothing for this year’s applicants who applied, wrote essays, got recommendations, etc for an undergrad school they wouldn’t give any attention to otherwise. As opposed to NW and Wash U who ended their programs apparently for diversity reasons, Cincy’s admission staff (who is probably teleworking) couldn’t find the time to review BSMD applications. Consider me a Xavier fan in the future!

That tells how well equipped and resourceful the medical school is when every other med school able to accomplish same with 18% more applicants this year in traditional route. I suspect covid is true reason.

Goro on SDN says there are 30 schools in T20, you are outbidding him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cincy’s strength comes from its elite children’s hospital and research (especially genetic/metabolic) which is pretty detached from the actual school of medicine. The undergrad has a surprisingly high endowment and they have tried to improve the reputation of the school so it seems like dropping their Connections program, even for this year, takes a number of top students out of their class. Oh well.

2 Likes

We got Augusta UG admission by snail mail. No honors or bsmd info.

On a different topic, any comment on Pfizer/Moderna Covid19 vaccine and experience with it if any.

We were forwarded from RIT and are waiting to hear back too

We are OOS.

Yes, sorry. I believe most of the deadlines are gone. You can, however, apply to Stony Brook which is a SUNY school but not with Upstate med. It is with the Renaissance school of medicine.

1 Like

That is not even representation of school by just minuscule number. If one is interested in WashU UG class outcome should look at Box

Also WashU med school median are 3.93/522, unlike other non-draconian schools BU, where BS/MDs to be claimed rockstars with 99 percentile MCAT score yet their class profile portrait different picture.

If one does math, would find that if assumed all BS/MD rockstars have 3.9 GPA averages and 99 percentile (translates as 522-523) score as claimed, it would dip traditional route to 3.65 GPA and MCAT to 516 averages. Why a medical school would ever do that? That means BU needs rockstars, not other way around. In that sense WashU is different than pack and holds its BS/MD program by same standards as their traditional route, that’s how it should be.

im oos and i got the upstate interview through RIT a few days ago

Congrats! When did you submit to get the interview a few days ago? I submitted on Monday and haven’t heard from them yet.

The whole process is rolling though! If you have not gotten an interview through Upstate abs recently submitted your app, do not panic! We ourselves submitted it yesterday and don’t expect to hear back for a few days. Everyone stay calm as panicking will not help. Additionally, if it helps, stay off of CC for a few days especially if you are a student as it can create more anxiety.

1 Like

I concur. CC is not the place for current seniors in application process. My daughter checks with me from time to time on CC or gives me info to share with CC but stays off it.

Upstate sends out interviews in 3 batches, looking at last year CC. First batch is out. Next batch is likely going to be sent only after New Years. There’s good info on last year’s BSMD thread, and they also made a separate thread just for SUNY Upstate interview candidates last year. You can read up for more clarifications.

1 Like

If you are referring to SUNY Upstate Accelerated Scholars (BSMD) program, they are all done long back. Feeders had Nov1st/Nov15th/Dec1st as the deadlines.

Please check here the consolidated list of feeder schools for Upstate program-
Upstate Feeders

D got Augusta UG and BS MD. Portal just changed so check your portal. There are around 8+ essays. No snail mail or email. We are OOS

Congrats to your DC @MVparent! DD said her portal only shows UG acceptance. Where do you see bsmd questions?