Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I cannot imagine NJIT not offering scholarship for someone forwarded to NJMS. Also, if you are going to call them, it would help us all if you can ask and share whether they give automatic full-ride to all BSMD students. :pray::pray:

1 Like

Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.
Also wishing everyone gets into a BS/MD program.

3 Likes

FAU OOO - how much scholarship is a possibility? TIA!

I am currently a student at AMC who went through a combined program. They are asking all of the combined program students at AMC to help out with the interviews.

Same award rec’d. 12k per year with forward to NJMS.

DD never got an interview with njit. She got into honors with 20k scholarship.

I believe they give full tuition waiver to National Merit students.

1 Like

We are in the same boat. No word yet. Very frustrating.

Hopefully. I was interviewed by TCNJ but not sure if I am forwarded. If I do get in to NJMS I’d definitely switch over to TCNJ from NJIT.

If NJMS selection is successful, student can choose to go UG to any feeder where they have UG admission, regardless of whether or not they were forwarded by that UG to NJMS.

1 Like

AFAIK, there is no constraint tcnj places on who can matriculate from them to njms. My older daughter was not forwarded by TCNJ to NJMS, and yet they reached out to her congratulating her on bsmd selection and invited her to matriculate from TCNJ. I don’t know if other schools place constraints but TCNJ doesn’t. That said, good to verify with the concerned school.

1 Like

IIRC, TCNJ made the same offer to one active poster in last cycle asking to join TCNJ UG after NJMS made a selection ( only forwarded by NJIT not by TCNJ). IIRC, the poster did choose some other BSMD over NJMS.

Does anyone know if the Stony Brook BAMD program requires SAT score submission? I see the undergrad college is test optional

Hi all, rather dumb question… but I am trying to find somewhere online that clearly states when brown PLME essays are due. Are they not due at the same time as regular decision??

They are due at the same time as regular apps, so as long as you submit them by January 5, you should be good to go!

Okay perfect, thank you!!

why do ppl prefer tcnj over njit? i’ve noticed that ppl tend to opt for tcnj when choosing a feeder to njms for quite a few years now.

1 Like

NMS (in and out of state) get a full ride under the state funded Benacquisto Scholarship: https://www.fau.edu/admissions/national-merit-scholars/scholarships-and-tuition/

You turn them in as a part of your Common Application.

Finally received $20k scholarship notification from NJIT.

4 Likes