Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Congratulations to all who received interview for AMC. We’ve not yet received any news.

1 Like

Congratulations and Good Luck! Was it thru email or snail mail?

Thank you. It’s an email. We submitted the supplement on 12/8.

1 Like

Congrats to all kids who received AMC interview. Do we know if AMC sends approximately equal number of interview invites among students applying via RPI/Siena/Union?

I don’t really know the exact dates for first wave and second wave but I was supposed to submit the supplement by 12/8

Anyone know if you get rejection email from AMC or Union? We’ve not yet received any information so there is hope. My D submitted on 12/8 too.

sorry about that. Acceptance and rejection is part of the game…
All the best and good luck for others!

DD received interview invitation for Union/AMC as well via email. Best wishes to all.

3 Likes

@Geek13, sorry to hear your S receiving rejection email from AMC. Its part of the game and I guess Jan will be the month where most of the disappointing news would come (not receiving interview invites or rejection emails). Good luck to your S for other applications that he has submitted. When did your S submit AMC supplement? was it 12/8?

@Geek13 Sorry to hear that but hope for some good news from other colleges. Good Luck with the remaining…

@BrainDeadProdigy, can you please confirm if all the interview invites were sent out for all students that submitted supplements on 12/8? Do they send rejection emails too?

Does Upstate send interview invites in waves? I know some people already got one.

yes, he submitted application on 12/8.

We also submitted on 12/8 through Union/AMC and have not gotten any news either.

1 Like

Does anyone know why we have not heard anything?

Yes, for PLME, you will know if you have been accepted or rejected on Ivy Day. If you were accepted to Brown undergrad, you will be able to access an additional PLME decision letter at the bottom of the page.

I too had to submit Union/AMC by 12/8 and haven’t received any email

I have not received an email about interviews from AMC, but I did submit by 12/8. They may be sending the information in waves for scheduling purposes, but I am not sure.

Just a thought: do you think they sent rejections all at once and are waiting to send interviews in waves for scheduling purposes?

As has been said before, AMC uses a rolling admissions process. I understand that it is tough to wait for decisions on interviews, but it is impossible to know the timeline that AMC is utilizing in terms of sending out interview invites.

3 Likes