Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Is anyone still waiting to hear back on RPI/AMC even on supplement? Not received any communication so far. Doesn’t seem like good news when interview are already getting scheduled.

@MVparent and others, Please do not compare with others about getting interviews. You will win some and loose others. At the end, all you need is ONE BSMD admission. You can really attend only one UG school and the choice has to be made in a few months.

1 Like

Yes. Just before christmas I received the supplement

Yes, I did too. I was asking about interview notifications :slight_smile:

Oops. I definitely misunderstood. Good luck!

Update from UMKC for DS:
Your application information, transcripts, and test scores (if applicable) have been forwarded to the School of Medicine for review for admission to the B.A./M.D. program.

Did anyone else get the notification?

We received this email on December 8. It says that the Council of Selection will decide interviews by the end of January.

Did your S apply before November 1 or did he do late deadline (dec 15)?

Thanks. Applied Nov 1. Was there any additional essays or materials that needed to be submitted?

I applied to UMKC’s program back in early October, and I never received an email about the application being forwarded to the School of Medicine for review?

I also applied to Drexel’s program and didn’t receive an email regarding processing fees for the SOM or an update of saying my application was forwarded to the med school?

Not that I know of.

Check your email. If not check the UMKC School of Medicine Portal and go to the Communications button. On one of the recent communications, it should say something about being forwarded if you were. If that does not work, go to the UMKC undergraduate portal and check your acceptance letter. It should say you are “admissible” to the SOM and application is under review.

Check your Discover Drexel Portal. It should be there.

It says “as your application is complete, the Council of Selection is in the process of reviewing your application…” and so on. I don’t know if that counts

I believe that that means you have been forwarded and are awaiting interview notification.

I just checked, all it says is “Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University. If additional materials are required before an admission decision can be rendered, we will contact you”

okay, thank you!

Does it say anything about the program below that? If it says “your BA-BS/MD application is being reviewed by the medical school… decision by Jan 31” then maybe you did not have to pay if you got a fee waiver?

There’s no mention of my BA-BS/MD anywhere under that