Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

In my experiences, I beef up the wordcount by adding longer/more anecdotes.

Folks

AMC - interviews are rolling and go up to March

Pitt - Maintaining 3.75 GPA is not difficult for GAP students. Need judicious planning of courses. Seek advice from seniors for that.

BU - no news on interview invites so far

Please keep checking your emails, including spam folder, as well as your portals on a regular basis.

1 Like

Did someone hear from UIC GPPA Medicine regarding CASPer test or got invited for an interview?

have you heard about UAB EMSAP yet? Thanks!

Just submitted my Pitt GAP Supplementā€¦ after submitting the application portal shows my full app but parts that were fully entered and saved (ie. total hours, most meaningful experience explanations, etc.) are not there anymore. Is this happening to anyone else? Should I be worried? I saved it multiple times and made sure everything was there before I submitted it, so not sure why itā€™s not showing up. There wasnā€™t a review application option before I pressed submit.

I havenā€™t yet, but I believe we will get notified within the next week or so about interview selections because they said ā€œEMSAP interviews will take place in January.ā€

Just received a notification from SUNY Upstate that the application had been received. Does this mean we will find out about interview soon?

the same thing happened to me. the most meaningful experience explanations and total hours disappeared for me when i reviewed the application after submission. Iā€™m assuming that itā€™s normal, since it happened to both of us (i guess??)

Anybody heard anything related to supplemental or any other update from Rowan for BS/MD or BS/DO? No words at all from them for my D.

DD was sent the supplement for Rowan BSMD which she submitted last week of December. Havenā€™t heard back since.

Thanks for information. Seems my D was not selected.

It could be rolling, so donā€™t count yourself out yet.

Iā€™m hoping so! It happened to one of my other friends too. Best of luck to you! : )

No communication so far on UAB EMSAP.

Same hereā€¦ my D just submitted UPitt GAP application and we have the exact same experience. Hope the missing items are saved in the database and admissions team is able to see that.

Has anyone started receiving interview calls for BSMD programs from BU, CWRU, Ricebaylor, Texas A&M?

Did AMC send out all rejections for Union?

We have neither received the rejection nor interview. @NoviceDad mentioned that itā€™s a rolling admission so probably we can still expect the interview unless we receive rejection notification.

Anyone figured out the FAU BSMD application page issue? It does not go to next page. I have emailed them but no reply.

This could be completely wrong but I would assume they have sent out all rejection notifications for the first batch as why would they schedule rejections? It seems more likely that they are doing rolling interviews, not rolling rejections. could be alphabetical order also?

1 Like